Unlimited photos

Soon-to-be wife and I on vacation in
Mexico… goof off posing in the mirror with diabetes notes all over it

7 Likes

7 Likes

Almost done! Despite the supply chain snafu and the crazy inflation in construction materials the pandemic project is almost finished. My daughter with fiance and grandchild #5 plan to move in within a few weeks.

Here I am in the new kitchen…everything in the view is brand new and done by yours truly (although I bought the cabinets, did not have the skill or ambition to build my own). That old wood post had caused a 1 1/2 inch sag in the old floor so I added foundations and jacked up the floor to set it back to level. All those timbers are old growth fir, refinished for the next generation.

15 Likes

Wow, very impressive!! Your daughter, fiancé, and grandchild #5 are very lucky!!

6 Likes

@John58 That is impressive! Congrats on the job completion, I hope they know and thank you appropriately! I’ll have to look thru this thread, is it an add on to your place, their old place, their new place? Either way, they’re lucky to have you in the family!

5 Likes

Its a 50 yr old post and beam fixer house I bought in order to renovate for my downsize home. Previous owners tried to pretty it up but I went all the way to the bare studs and modernized everything, plumbing heating and HVAC included. The project morphed into a way to stay busy during the pandemic. For all intents and purposes it is now a brand new house. Coincidentally as the renovation proceeded my youngest daughter had a baby boy necessitating a move out of her 1 br condo. The real estate market here in WA can best be described as flakey so she is prudently waiting for things to settle down before she buys a bigger place and sells her little condo. Hence they are moving in here for a year or two.

We definitely do not keep things simple, there probably were easier ways for all these moving parts to mesh together… but it is satisfying when things come together like this.

7 Likes

This isn’t really a physical accomplishment, but it is a mental one! Liam was the only one in his 3rd grade class to score a perfect 600 on his Math SOL. It was the last award in the ceremony any read out to the auditorium by the principal himself. Liam was over the moon that he was the only one to get “a medal”.

#unlimited
IMG_2447

17 Likes

Bravo, Liam!

4 Likes

Congrats to Liam!! What a great achievement :heart:

3 Likes

Way to go Liam! Math is in almost everything…the obvious, music, dance, art…keep up the interest and enjoy!

4 Likes

Congratulations Liam!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Way to go, Liam!

3 Likes

That’s a big ship @Sam !

2 Likes

Me just doing my thing on a mega yacht today

10 Likes

Racing

9 Likes

I know that this was written a million years ago but i am re-reading it now, and i can totally identify. I am one of the very tiny people who cant stand the rise of the Dexcom transmitter on my arm (not to mention the insertion process). I switched to the LIBRE and the insersion is soooo much easier, the disc lays practically flat on my arm, i get NO resistance with it while swimming. Only problem (and this is a BIG one) : it is totally inaccurate; my readings are always either 20 points too low (compared to finger stick) or 20 points too high.

Now that time has flown by, I am using the dexcome G7 and it makes a world of a difference. Accurate, easy to insert, less warm-up time, and comfortable. And i only need the overmatch (not the Tegaderm) bc i am in the pool 3 days a week. Highly recommend the G7 to everyone who wants to wear a cgm!!!

7 Likes

This is not about me being unlimited, but someone went to a lot of trouble to plant all these glorious Indian Paintbrush. This is at least 5 acres. Thanks to whoever planted them in south central Texas.
IMG_1876

14 Likes

Never saw these before…really lovely. Thanks for posting!

5 Likes

What a view!! I absolutely love the Indian paintbrush!

4 Likes