Unisolve liquid alternative?

We normally use the liquid unisolve adhesive remover to take off old sites, but we’re running low and all the places I normally would get it show a picture of the liquid bottle but are actually selling the wipes, which don’t work as well for my son. Does anyone know where we can either a) get similar adhesive remover or b) similar unisolve liquid adhesive remover?

1 Like

I have been using GOO GONE: BANDAGE. & ADHESIVE REMOVER.It comes in an 8oz bottle with a flip cap. I put a bit on a paper towels and apply to the adhesives pads bothe Dexcom and infusion sets, Wait a bit and they come off painlessly. It’s good to clean up adhesive residue.

3 Likes

We have two. One we just opened so it will last quite a while. Happy to send you the second. Send me your info and I’ll get out into the mail for you guys. Thanks for the info also…I’ll know to keep my eyes open for more also so we have more before we run out. This bottle we opened will last us literally months.

3 Likes

On a side note, i did a Google search for Unisolve bottles and managed to see some selling.

Here is one of the sites. I’m still happy to send you a bottle though!

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a really kind offer! I used the order link you sent; if it doesn’t arrive in a reasonable amount of time, I may take you up on it.

1 Like

As a stop-gap, have you tried gently rubbing olive oil over where you need to take the adhesive off? It’s been effective for me in the past (need to go slowly, though).

3 Likes

Did you ever get your order? I’ve been searching all over to find the Unisolve liquid for my T1 daughter and I came across this thread. I want to order but am nervous that the Visvako site may be a scam…

1 Like

It appears that the manufacturer has discontinued making the liquid only offering the wipes. There are other products available. I personally use Goo Gone Bandage and Adhesive Remover. It is citrus oil based and works well. I only use it on Dexcom G6, applying some to a paper towel and rubbing that to the Dexcom pad. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and it peels off much easier. It is good to clean up residue as well.

One thing, it is necessary to clean the area with alcohol to remove the oil if using an infusion set or CGM near.

Edit - The company Smith and Nephew appears to have discontinued another product called Remove Liquid. They only make Uni-Solve and Remove wipes, and I don’t think those are as effective.

2 Likes

Gojo hand cleaner would probably work. That stuff can remove anything. And it is pretty easy on your skin too.

2 Likes