Type 2 on insulin pump with Covid added

Monday I was tired all day, spent it in my recliner napping. I woke up in the afternoon shaking like a cottonwood leaves. Took my temperature and it was 103. And did a Covid test negative.

I’ve been managing the fever alternating ibuprofen and acetominaphrin. Today Wednesday I got a positive rapid test.

My PCP did a video with me and sent a prescription of Paxloid to the pharmacy. My son is going to take a break from his wedding celebrations to pick it up

Just like the last bout of Covid my BG is not nice.

A day in the life

12 Likes

Not fun!!! :weary: I hope the Paxlovid gets you feeling better soon!

5 Likes

Thank you @RachelMaraii that means a lot. Stupid me I never got the boosters because they affected my BG a lot, Covid is worse for that and general wellbeing.

5 Likes

Oof, yeah, it’s wild how different reactions and side effects can be. The boosters knock me down for ~36 hours of chills and headaches (no BG affect that I’ve noticed), but I figure if that’s a fraction of the real deal then I’ll take it. May you be back up again soon! :muscle:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear this! One more thing! I hope Paxlovid helps alleviate your symptons and progression of the virus. It worked for me last fall with whatever version of covid I had.
Another topic which you had told me about - Ghost Bikes. Sadly, the first one has gone up in my city.
Take care.

2 Likes

I. Took the first round of Paxlovid last night and again this morning. About the Ghost BIke, I have mixed feelings about that, good that the person is remembered, sad that they had to be.

3 Likes

Good thoughts coming your way!
Hopefully, the Ghost bikes help people understand!

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

2 Likes

How are you feeling, @CarlosLuis ? I have been out of the loop, taking my daughter back to school and moving her into an apartment. I sure hope you are feeling better and able to help your son celebrate his nuptials. xoxo

5 Likes

Thanks for asking, I think I’m past it. My temps have been normal all day and I feel good, good enough I was going to to some stationary riding. My iPad may be a brick I was in the Zwift app and when I went to syncing with the bike sensors it went black and not responding. Boo Hoo1 I can’t remember how old it is.

Anyway there’s worse stuff then electronics breaking down.

8 Likes

@CarlosLuis Glad you seem to better! Interestingly, my wife and I were talking this morning whether to get the Covid vaccine shot just announced. I think we’ve decided to get it when we get our flu shot this year. Neither of us has gotten Plaxlovid, you think it helped or was it just time passing that did it?

2 Likes

I am pretty much back to normal. The Paxlovid decreased recovery time I am pretty sure, hard to say. I had fever, I would call it undulant fever, except that is a form of brucellosis. I would get a low grade fever with chills and a higher one feeling hot. Then I would wake up with no fever but covered in sweat.

I mentioned to my NP at the Cancer Clinic that I had strange body odor, like a poorly seasoned pizza - strongly garlicky without eating any garlic. See said she has heard that from others on Paxlovid.

I had the usual, for me, high insulin resistance with Covid and the vaccinations. That seems to be be better, but I had an Opdivo infusion 2 days ago which also causes me to be more insulin resistant.

4 Likes