The dreaded C + T

IMG_2207

Finally tested positive after all these months…oh well. Getting on Paxlovid was quick with zero co pay.

7 Likes

Sorry, my wife is just getting over her case. Takes a bit to recover from it.

4 Likes

I had that June 23rd. I’m negative for nearly 2 weeks. Still have respiratory and blood glucose issues. Both are getting better.

6 Likes

I hope you have no symptoms, but if you do, you get over them fast @John58
I hope all your symptoms clear up soon @CarlosLuis
And I hope your wife feels better soon too @Chris

8 Likes

@John58 Sorry to hear, but hope you get better soon and symptoms are mild! Both my wife and I fell ill on return from our recent cruise. Figured covid was the culprit, but we’ve both taken a couple of the same tests as you 2-3 days apart and they’re negative; either it’s good at obviating positive testing or just another crud going around. Upper respiratory congestion, mostly non-productive cough, some short term sore throat; on the strange side, my bgs have been the flattest I’ve ever had! I’m showing improvement (day 5), hope you get well soon too!

6 Likes

I actually don’t feel too bad but don’t want to give it to my wife so I might quarantine away from home for the rest of the week.

Blood sugar was high and insulin needs were up by 50-60% or more for about 36 hours but seem to have settled back down to near normal today. I had to switch off the Auto mode on Omnipod 5 as it could not keep me in range…increased temp basals in Manual mode did the trick. Getting back on Automode today and will see how it does.

5 Likes

I thought about turning off C-IQ and increasing basal, but went with doing lots of small correction overrides. This keep me from spiking too high.

This morning I woke up with 95mg/dl.

6 Likes

I hope you both feel better soon @TomH! I know a couple of people and have heard of several more that had to test 3 or 4 times before they got a positive. They were just so sure it was covid they kept testing. But obviously we have other bugs running around too!

4 Likes

AndroidAPS (well, I assume OpenAPS) has a concept called “sensitivity” where it multiplies all the numbers in the “profile” - basal, carb/insulin, bg/insulin ratios - by a number when it detects decreased sensitivity. This is working for me with minor variations, such as overnight.

I also find that doing a correction is frequently necessary for high BG. In AndroidAPS it’s three clicks (Bolus Calculator, OK, OK). My impression from the O manual is that the same can be done with the O5. Both systems seem to need help to deal with larger errors, whether due to carb undercount (carb overcount is less of a problem) or, I suspect, unexpected insulin requirements (illness). In AndroidAPS that is because the limits on corrections are quite conservative; the software doesn’t do large corrections at all. Again from the O manual Insulet seems to have adopted the same approach.

1 Like