Tracking package

Tracking an order from Marks Marine. This will be a first time oder so i am on pins and needles hoping it doesn’t get delayed. Expected delivery is listed by April 6th - however that seems faster than I had expected. Anyone else have any real world delivery times with canadian packages?

-a

1 Like

I don’t remember exactly how many days, but I got it pretty quick from Mark’s. I think it was about a week, but I am in the southeast of the U.S., about as far as you can get from Mark’s. Chances are you are much closer.

1 Like

I think the potential delay is not really in how far you are but in whether or not it gets stalled in customs

That said… I wouldn’t worry about it, although I totally understand the excitement/ angst of a new thing. If you’re willing I’d be very curious to hear about how easy/difficult or simple/complicated it was to place the order regarding getting them to accept your prescription…

Mine took just one script faxed from the doctor. It was accepted instantly by Mark’s.

I would bet everyone on this site would have a harder time getting their doctor to fax a script than getting Mark’s to accept it. I don’t think the challenge will ever be with the Mark’s part.

After the script was faxed, I called Mark’s and they were like, “Oh, yeah we got it. No problem, eh? We’ll get that right out to you, eh?

2 Likes

Sorry, that wasn’t a real Canadian. A real Canadian would have said sorry.

4 Likes

Ordering was easy. The Pharmacist explained the process and was very responsive to my concerns and questions. I had to send over a pdf of a script and sign a few forms via email and I was ready to place the order. I waited a few weeks for the weather to warm up before I place my oder. So now, I’m just waiting for delivery.

They did state the package may arrive warm to the touch-but that it would not be an issue. I’m hoping once I place the contents back in the fridge it’ll still have a year exp date. (or at least 6 months) and not the standard 30 days. Just in case, I had them pack the order in the styrofoam box for an extra $10 to help minimize temp fluctuations. Will soon find out if this was a good decision.

1 Like

I think you will be fine. We have tested frozen (frozen in deep freeze for a couple of weeks) Humalog and it worked great, and @Eric has overtemped his insulin and it worked fine.

So just being shipped to you in a box and put in your fridge should be no problem.

2 Likes

Frozen? Wow that is surprising. But good to know, thanks…

Here is the thread if you would like to see the result

And yes, before you ask, I am a scientist and I am a little bit crazy, I often call my willing diabetic son my lab rat. He does seem to enjoy the experiments though. It is actually really pretty hard to freeze the insulin, my standard freezer wouldn’t freeze it solid, we had to do it in our deep freeze.

3 Likes

I have a package that left Marks on April 3rd myself.
I received an email with the tracking info from Canada Post, which projects a delivery date of 4/10/2018. I did use the Expedited shipping option.
My order was hardware only, and did not require a prescription. I was impressed that I received 2 personal phone calls to verify the order.
Once when I placed it, and then once again when it reached the actual pharmacist for fulfillment.
I’m slightly east of Detroit. If it helps, I’ll be happy to confirm delivery date.
In fact, I also placed a similar order from Canada Drugs, which shipped a day later on April 4, using their normal shipping service.
May be interesting to see how the delivery times compare.

1 Like

It shipped 4-2 and is expected tomorrow. Will report back when it arrives.

btw…I used to live in East Detroit when it was actually known as East Detroit…

1 Like

Package received! Ah Canadians. Placing the health and welfare of people before the profit gouging pharma companies.

4 Likes

Glad it worked well for you. In a better world, having access to the insulin you want, should be the least of your problems. It sort of amazes me that you can buy your insulin from Canada in the ballpark of what I pay in copays. Wonder where all the rest of the money goes…

3 Likes

Well I would not have known nor trusted this route had it not been for you n your forum. I’m very grateful! Thank you!

3 Likes

Hey @arnolfo,
If you don’t mind sharing, can you tell us what you got from them? Was it insulin? Was it packed in a sufficiently cold storage? Was it much cheaper than the cost here in the U.S.?

If this is too personal and you don’t want to share, that is fine also. I don’t want to pry in anyone’s business. But if it was a good experience, we’d love to hear the shared details.

I got Fiasp from Mark’s before it was approved in the U.S. and I was happy with the experience of ordering from them.

1 Like

So the package from MMP that shipped on April 3 arrived on April 9, one day before projected. This was equipment, not pharma, and was shipped International Priority Mail. It cleared US Customs the same day it arrived in San Francisco, and, considering that it traveled all the way from the west coast to almost the east coast, and over a weekend, I’d say a 6 day delivery time is pretty good.

Still haven’t gotten any more info on the progress of a similar shipment from Canada Drugs, which left a day later than the one from MMP.

1 Like

Well, I’ll just say it was a good experience and I will reorder at the end of summer. My delivery took 4 days from Canada to Chicago area. There was a cold pack but that was warm by the time it arrived. But all good. I am just happy Canada does not allow Pharma to price gouge their citizens like our politicians allow here.

1 Like

It’s a shame it doesn’t work in the opposite direction. I’d love if I could fax to a U.S. pharmacy a prescription for Afrezza (not to mention finding a doctor who’d write me a script for a drug not yet approved here) and get it in the mail soon after, easy-peasy.

1 Like

There is a chance it could work in the opposite direction. I could check what my insurance co-pay for Afrezza is. If it is reasonable enough for you, we could do something like that.

There is some coffee that is only available in Canada, so I know we could work something out.

PM me if you want to do this.

2 Likes

Final update on the two packages. The package from Canada Drugs, that was shipped one day later than the package from MMP, arrived one day later than the International Priority Mail package. So both packages arrived in 6 days. I’ve certainly waited much longer for other packages to be delivered, much less packages that have to make it through US Customs first.
Your mileage may vary.

2 Likes