T1d 19 years; hiiiiiiiii

I happened upon this site while searching for real, t1d-tested, dexcom guidelines.
And.
Wow! What a resource! Necessary community!
I’m a public high school teacher in San Francisco.
I’ve been teaching for nearly a decade.
I’ve JUST undergone what I’m calling my “coming out (with t1d)” and it’s not done. Yet. Or ever.
CGM has enabled me to learn so much about what t1d means for my :notes:staying alive​:notes:
Sooo…hi!
I’m here!
I’m alive!
I’m joining this community!
And I’m grateful.

:zap:️:zap:️:two_hearts::blue_heart::rainbow::blue_heart::two_hearts::zap:️:zap:️

9 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around here… we think you’ll like it here

2 Likes

Welcome, @bryn!

Make sure you drop by and introduce yourself to the group!

Also, we’d love to hear your story!

Looking forward to talking to you in the future.

2 Likes

@bryn I think you’ve found the right source for not only Dexcom tips, but also for tips on how not only to stay alive with diabetes but to be UNLIMITED!

And with your being a teacher hopefully you can teach us something!

2 Likes

Welcome bryn. I am really looking forward to your contributions. What subject area do you teach in? Being a high school teacher is quite a tough job, glad you have found us.

3 Likes

Hi @bryn, welcome!!
Hope you enjoy the community; it’s really a fabulous source of advice and support.
I’m an SF local myself, with a T1D toddler and a (slightly older) kid in Kinder in the public schools.
if you have any questions, many, many folks on here are really great resources!

3 Likes

Welcome! By the sound of it, I think you’ve landed in just the right place. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

Folks here are all about encouragement and sharing our unique experiences. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

@bryn, welcome, so glad to see you join!

I look forward to your posts!

1 Like

I teach Spanish! It’s great, and challenging, and requires a good healthy dose of both creativity and resilience - t1d prepared me in more ways than I can count!

SF local - fabulous! I would love to connect with you and your little one!

2 Likes