Superbowl sunday

Never heard of him. But I assume he’s a football player.

1 Like

Same. The subscriptions are becoming addictive though… I added HBO and Showtime on Amazon Prime recently (Game of Thrones! Shameless!). I need to cancel Hulu though because they don’t actually have much that I like. Also, ugh, commercials.

1 Like

My wife and I had lunch in a bar last week. the TV was on all along. I have not watched commercials essentially for the past 10 years (except for the summer Olympics every 4 years…): I was just shocked at how intolerant I have become of them. Netflix and Amazon Prime for me, I think: I don’t believe I am ever ready to accept commercials again.

2 Likes

Then you can do as we have been doing for the last 6 years, parents please note we have been accused of child abuse for doing this:

Put up an antenna on the roof, record TV on an old Tivo, put the change in to unlock the remote for +30 second jumps, and you too can watch 23 channels of nothing without commercials as long as you can count to 5 (or 8 for the second to last commercial break on network TV).

I just love the dish hustlers at Costco, we can lower your bill…um, no you can’t. $45 once, 6 years ago…

1 Like

I totally agree with you. Can’t opt-in to watching someone harm themselves. Makes me so sad.

I’m staying with my aunt presently, and she went to a small wedding yesterday! The groom really doesn’t like football. Vows started at 3pm. :wink:

I went shopping for hiking boots because no one is out during the super bowl. Best shopping day of the year!

3 Likes

I used to go to the grocery store during Bronco games but they were so bad this year that the stores were all crowded during the games this year.

1 Like

That’s completely hilarious. Sorry, Broncos.

1 Like

Unless you have to go to the liquor store. Miles and miles of guys with six-packs. (And not that kind of six-pack, either. :disappointed:)

4 Likes

you’re hysterical!!! :laughing:

1 Like