Superbowl sunday

so, its finally here. not the teams i had been rooting for all year, especially since i am a New Yorker…but lets face it, the Jets have played miserably since Joe Namath since they won the SB in 1969, and this year’s Giants were miserable (due to so many factors…basically injuries).

so i havent really committed to a team to root for since both teams are our rivals. but nothing will keep me from enjoying an exciting game. and i do hope that it is exciting. i’ve always had a crush on Tom Brady, so i can tend to lean in the direction of the Patriots, but i am not yet certain if that should be the key factor of my enthusiam.

my husband and i are HUGE football fans, especially including college football. but, the bottom line is that, as i said before, i want this SB to be a sit- on- the- edge- of- your- seat kind of experience.

we are all ready with our chips and dip and other noshing foods. i am psyched like a mad woman.

so what will you be doing this SUNDAY? are you football nuts like us? SHARE YOUR PLANS!!! :blush:

1 Like

No, at this side of the pond we’re still wondering why you guys call that sport football :joy:

7 Likes

what part of the other part of the pond are you from?

and btw, many of us do not have a clue as to why we call it football either. :wink:

2 Likes

Ran half marathon this morning now about to make choc chip cookies to take to the party. I guess I’m fine wearing my Urlacher jersey since he’s going into the hall of fame today (and its my only nfl jersey).

3 Likes

The Netherlands :netherlands:

1 Like

I’m just finishing making a batch of chili (just need to let it simmer a while and tweak seasonings as needed, and also clean up), although I didn’t really make it for the superbowl per se, more as a Sunday cooking project. Planning to sort of watch, while I do work I need to get done (so decided to avoid going to any parties where I’d be stuck paying full attention). I live and mostly grew up in the heart of Patriots-land, so I guess I’m rooting for them, although I really dislike Bob Kraft and Brady for reasons I should not get into on this thread.

3 Likes

I’ve pretty much been on the couch all day (health issues flaring up), even convinced my husband to take both kids to church without me (poor guy, haha :wink:). Some friends have invited us over for the game/food tonight. I’m going for the food - I don’t really get into sports at all… :blush:

2 Likes

i’m adopted, but my family is from Holland. nice coincidence.

2 Likes

you are not alone.

4 Likes

I’m for any team that isn’t New England. Nice fake and TD pass to the quarterback!

@CarolynA - Happy for Urlacher.

1 Like

way to go Eagles!!!

What an amazing game!

i disappointed. my patriots lost. it was a good game of course. the patriots better draft defensemen and do a better job next year. have a backup quarterback for brady. did i mention im disappointed

1 Like

I am still laughing at your dry line!

1 Like

@CarolynA, I would love to make the kind of plans you make for these days:

“Let’s see, I must make these cookies for the party, and I need to drive over around 3:00pm, and let’s make sure I have some beer in the trunk, and, oh, better not forget about this half marathon in the morning.” :slight_smile:

I don’t know how you do it all!

2 Likes

Got 17 holes of golf in, perfectly timed between rainstorms today on Kauai. Too much rain to hit on #18.

2 Likes

I went to Kauai last year, next month is 8 days in Maui. I’d like to visit all the islands over the next few years and spend a lot of time daydreaming about living there…

2 Likes

I was busy yesterday. They played the super bowl? Darn, missed it. Who was playing?

3 Likes

You might be kidding, but that was me yesterday :slight_smile: I did not even find out who was playing until I looked up the score about 11:00pm…

2 Likes

I don’t follow football all year and if my team (Cowboys) isn’t playing, I’m not a Superbowl watcher. We do record it, but only to watch two things…the half-time show and the commercials. No one in my home is a sports watcher. :stuck_out_tongue: When I was, I was more into baseball (Atlanta Braves), than football.

3 Likes