Merry Christmas

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season. We were out sledding in our yard just now until this moose family decided they had other priorities for our yard! image

19 Likes

Wow! Merry Christmas,

5 Likes

Merry Christmas, everyone, and happy holidays. Hope this finds you all happy and well! :heart::heart:

6 Likes

That’s gorgeous! I just watched an episode of “The Last Alaskans” on my DVR. Freakin’ gorgeous up there!

3 Likes

Dinner! Happy holidays everyone.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to you all!

3 Likes

Merry Xmas Everyone! Working on a definitely-not-low-carb tres leches cake for tomorrow!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone! Today is a ‘stay in my pyjamas all day’ kind of day. @Sam, your view is beautiful!

6 Likes

Merry Christmas to FUDers everywhere!
It’s A Wonderful Life!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone! May your bolus be on target, your level flat, and your happiness off the charts!

8 Likes

Thanks! I complain a lot but definitely never about my view… it’s over 180 degrees unobstructed of ocean, mountains, and 5 different glaciers… pretty hard to beat

8 Likes

I got low treatments for the whole year!

6 Likes

Merry Christmas!!!

2 Likes

@Eric That’s it? Where are all the donuts?

6 Likes

5 Likes

So close to being a perfect meal…But that goose… :woman_facepalming:

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone’s holiday is excellent. And of course, full of plenty of good food.

I made my first prime rib roast using the reverse sear method and it turned out amazing and was super easy! I recommend it! https://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-food-lab-how-to-cook-roast-a-perfect-prime-rib.html

3 Likes

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Can you summarize the reverse sear method? That link is too hard to follow on my phone?

I usually do prime rib at 500 degrees for 5 minutes per pound, then turn oven off and let it sit in there without opening for 2 hours…

Sure, you cook your prime rib at a low temp i.e. 200 - 250 until it is the desired amount of done-ness. Then crank up the oven to 550 and cook for 8 minutes which is enough time to get a great crust but not enough time to effect the perfect done-ness of your prime rib. Then if you have someone that wants medium or well done, just throw their cut back under the heat until it looks right.

Having done prime rib every which way from Sunday, IMHO as long as you don’t overcook it, the meat will be awesome irregardless of cooking approach.

3 Likes