Strips on amazon? Best choices?

Here’s the link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B0106LF3MM/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&qid=1500758437&sr=8-1

For cash strips I like the true metrix. They’re about $40-45 for 300 on amazon so the price can’t be beat. They had some quality control problems when they first came out but I haven’t had any issues to speak of lately. The true metrix meter available on amazon is big and clunky but at local cvs or Walgreens you can buy the true metrix go super compact meter which I really like. I’m sure they’re not as good as the contour next but the price is right and they work well enough. They didn’t have the true metrix go available here in Alaska so @docslotnick mailed me one

1 Like

Hmmm – your link is now $25.50 per 100

This one is 600 for $128 right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Contour-Blood-Glucose-Strips/dp/B0106K70WE/

eric, which is the best medical supply house to order from; or does it even matter? there are 3 options for these Contour Next strips (100 for $20 bucks ) ??

I just checked my link. It’s still showing as $20.07 for me. I guess it’s based on your personal Amazon account?

I don’t know DM. I always just pick one, I don’t pay attention to the supplier source.

Maybe you have the “Prime” price? I get lots of things cheaper on Amazon because of my Prime membership.

eric, just ordered through Amazon. same price of $20ish bucks. i bought 3 boxes for a total of about $67. i should get them next week.

i am really excited. i am hoping that they are in New Condition and NOT expired. if all works well, i will do this on a regular basis. i really need these for an affordable price as i am testing so much since i’ve been swimming.

thanks, DM

1 Like

Mystifying. I just checked your link on another browser where I am not logged in. I look at every seller and the cheapest seller is at $23.53.

It is possible your browser has an old link cached that is what you see? Can you add it to the cart?

I just clicked on the link and it is indeed $20.07.

2 Likes

Just tried it again and now it’s $25.50. Hmmm…

This is the screenshot if a search for Contour Next test strips 300

Apparently the price is in flux, but as of a few minutes ago, this one is was still about 20 cents per strip ($120.11 for 600).

Regardless of whether you can find them for 20 cents or 25 cents, this is still a consistently good strip and pretty cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Contour-Next-Strips-Count/dp/B014JS2U1U/ref=sr_1_13_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500842999&sr=8-13&keywords=contour+next+test+strips

1 Like

@Eric I think you are right. Price is always in flux.
But I’ll see your $120.11, and raise you $118.31 :cheeky:

I am sure they have some algorithm that adjusts the prices to see what will cause somebody to buy. I bet we are totally messing that thing up! With enough clicking and we will get them down to $100. :smiley:

1 Like

how 'bout getting them down to $0, and them paying us to use them and write free reviews :wink:

3 Likes

i’ll see your $118.31 and raise you $0. just got back from my endo with all sorts of free treats !

2 Likes

Btw, I just checked the original Eric link and got $20.07 for the first time… I am guessing it is surge pricing :slight_smile:

$20.07 for what? i can’t remember how many diff strips and prices we were discussing.

i just got my first Contour Next batch of Test Strips from Amazon. i bought 300 strips for $67 bucks. i tried them out and tested them against two other diff meters (which i trust without reservation) and i was completely in range as far as BG readings go.

thank you thank you thank you all for turning me on to this amazing wear house sale. what a $$$ sweet deal. now i can test without reservation. i can test even when i don’t need to, just because i feel like it. so there ! :wink:

1 Like

Which meter did you get?