Starting on t:slim X2: my first questions

It’s what you do when nothing is really sinking in. You rewrite it… then never come back to read it. :grin: Merry Christmas, by the way. Or Happy Holidays. :grin:

1 Like

@Nickyghaleb, I agree with @thomas. The pump is functional without tconnect. I personally used tidepool I like it better

1 Like

I’m up and running. :smiley:

I got it going around 3:00 this afternoon and kind of struggled a bit with the transition. Filling that first cartridge was no joke either… as funny as it was. I couldn’t get the plunger in, which I’ve had happen about a million times with my Medtronic reservoirs, but this time what I managed to push out was into midair. About 40 units’ worth. All over my phone, IPad, and pump. :smiley:

Other silly stuff that doesn’t happen to the more organized included running out of sensors… after only my third one… AND still not being in Tandem’s system. If I were paranoid, I might be afraid there was a bigger plan behind it all, but that would be ridiculous to admit to in a public forum. I’ve just slipped through the cracks is all… just like I slipped through Medtronic’s cracks. :thinking:

It all just makes me all the prouder. Tomorrow I’ll start getting myself together. I don’t have the Basal IQ on anyway— at the suggestion of @Thomas— so I’ve got some time to get that in order. For now, I’ll just play with the buttons. :smiley:

6 Likes

The cartridge is definitely tricky, took me a little while to get the hang of it! Good luck with all of it, including that mysterious skill of evading the systems of pump manufacturers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:rofl:

If I figure out the trick, I’ll let you know. :smiley:

@Nickyghaleb

Take the used syringe and practice with it on water.

It has the two components. The needle and the barrel/plunger. Take it apart. Put it together. Draw water up in it. Shoot the water out. Repeat.

Do this enough times and may find out that the amount of tension you put when connecting the needle to the barrel will impact whether you can draw and push fluids through it.

In any event, this is an easy one to practice and get it right. And if not, ask again.

Nice to see you did get it up and going however. IMHO that is the best way to get to the real questions.

1 Like

@Nickyghaleb
BTW - You may want to try the pouch from the link I sent above. It is pretty cheap. If you don’t like it - not a big waste.

I really think the clip included with the X2 is kinda crappy.

EDIT: I just bought another of these cases so I can verify this is the right link and intended case size. Our case is a little old now and well worn. This was cheap enough that it made sense to grab a backup to put on the shelf.

Now THIS one has theme song written all over it. I’m gonna play this in the background everywhere i go.

I was playing that one about having friends in low places… whatever that one’s called. :thinking:

1 Like

Randy Travis. Friends in low places

1 Like

As long as I’m here… swimming?? We’re going swimming, and I’ve got a waterproof pouch… what’s the status on water with the Tslim??

Reminds me of you guys. Don’t know any other lyrics than just that one line, but…:grin:

Love that song. One of the few country sounds I know nearly every word too. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think it’s rated for like 3ft of water for <30 minutes, “water resistant” type of thing. I would personally probably disconnect and not risk it.

But then I’ve never really tested out waterproof pouches, could be absolutely fine with that, not sure

1 Like

I consider the X2 to effectively be waterproof.

I agree with what @glitzabetes said about 3ft of water for 30 minutes - that is what the IPX7 that it is certified for.

For going in the ocean and such, we disconnect. Not out of fear of the water but simply for comfort. At the ocean beach, we would bolus for two hours worth of basal (taking into consideration expected activity). Two hours later, check BG, connect the X2, bolus another two hours worth of basal and so on.

Kayaking and such - we stay connected. No waterproof pouch. No extra care. We let it get splashed - no issues.

@Nickyghaleb NOT Waterproof! Somewhat water resistant. I personally disconnect to swim.

“Waterproof pouch” sounds way more casual than the armored bag I’ve actually got. It’s like a safe. When I get home I’ll put up a link since my mom actually hunted it down with tiger-like prowess.

2 Likes

@Nickyghaleb there is a sweet spot in every reservoir where you can almost fully insert the needle. Sometimes it’s a hunt and peck kinda thing, and the spot varies from reservoir to reservoir.

I am pretty cautious with pumps + water, as when I had the Animas 2020 as a youngster we trusted their “waterproof” rating and took it for short periods in the pool/ocean, the pump ended up crapping out due to water damage and had to be replaced.

I would agree though that a splash is probably fine, but submerging in water makes me nervous!

I have also found a nifty velcro arm band that holds the TSlim for when I exercise and have the site on my upper body.

Speaking to @glitzabetes post re: waterproofing, I have lost 2 TSlims to water in the last 18 months. Resistant yes, Waterproof no.

1 Like