Starting on t:slim X2: my first questions

@Thomas I found a new easier way of extending the sensor. I have only used it once but it went well. I do it all on my iPhone.

Wait until your sensor expires.

-Start session and choose NO CODE

-Set timer for 15 minutes and let session ‘warm up’ for the 15 minutes.

-Stop session

-Start session WITH the code of the current sensor you’re wearing.

-That’s it! It will take 2 hours to do its thing! You will see where the session expiration date resets in 10 days after the 2 hours.

3 Likes

@ClaudnDaye, awesome send-up, Harold!

FUD needs to keep us separated, or who knows what lunacy we could cook up. :grinning:

2 Likes

You write em I’ll sing em. :rofl:

2 Likes

@Jattzl! For real?? I was reading about extending, and I just wasn’t ready for all of that. I figured I would start messing with sometime in the future. :grin: But your method looks really easy. I’ll try it when this one ends! :heart:

1 Like

You were the singer?! The two of you together, boy… you’d fill small auditoriums for sure!

:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I hesitated to post that because that is for down the road. I didn’t try to extend until my fourth sensor and it was a failure lol. So it was the fifth sensor that finally worked. This is the best so far when that time comes.

Who else would it have been? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You guys really do worry about my maturity level and my level of self-control… Whenever I stop laughing about that, I might feel offended. :rofl:

1 Like

I thought it was a program. :rofl: All I could think was who would pay for that? :rofl::rofl:

But I still thought it was a program— so that’s a compliment. :grin:

1 Like

Not at all. I was trying to stay with the subject of the thread and considering it may belong in a different thread.

1 Like

It was definitely one of my questions, and I didn’t even need to ask it. I think this is a great place for it. :grin:

1 Like

@Nickyghaleb I too use the Tandem pump, but without the Basal-IQ (that’s a whole 'nother story). Happy to answer Q’s if needed.

2 Likes

I’ll be in touch. :grin:

So I was all ready to get my pump up today, but I was having problems installing the t:connect uploader. I called Tandem to ask for help, but the rep could only get as far as I had gotten on my own. She then told me she couldn’t find me in their system and said I’d have to wait for their software team to give me a call back— sometime over the next few days. Does that sound reasonable? That I’ve had all my paperwork processed by them and have actually received a pump but am still not in their system?

It really is okay because I still had 200 pages of the manual to read. :grin: It was just Christmas, and I got excited about putting it on. :hugs:

1 Like

Don’t worry about the t:connect uploader.

You can always do that later.

I used it a couple of times and was not blown away with the info from it. I use Diasend and Dexcom Clarity for my online data gathering and reporting.

When Tandem comes out with the Mobile App then it will feed the data up to the t:connect automatically. I might not even bother uploading any more until then.

If you received a pump then you are in their system.

Are you able to log in to the Tandem Portal?
https://portal.tandemdiabetes.com/

Same credentials should work for t:connect
https://tconnect.tandemdiabetes.com/

EDIT: Ohhh… lol. I haven’t logged in to the t:connect in awhile. (I just logged in now.) It looks MUCH nicer then last time I logged in. I may give this another try.
:slight_smile:
I am certainly not stopping use of Dexcom Clarity - those reports are great.

But Diasend has not been keeping up with updates for new technology. I think they really are more focused on Glooko. Last time I tried uploading G6 data to Diasend, it still wouldn’t take it. So kinda getting disappointed with Diasend.

1 Like

I read your whole response, thank you. Does this mean that I can get my pump up and running without it though?? I kind of took it as … I didn’t take it as anything, really, but was just following their steps. I won’t bother with it tonight, but I would love to get it on tomorrow. :thinking:

Absolutely. We never had tried to use the t:connect until we had been on the pump for well over a year.

We had been using the Diasend from when we had the Animas Ping and just kept using it.

Plus the pump stores a bunch of data but I forget how long. Maybe 90 days at a minimum? So if you upload it next month, it would load everything up to the site. No rush.

Key things you need to know on the pump.

Skim the entire manual. Fast. Can’t emphasis that enough. Do not consider this your “once and done”. Just skim through it fast. One hour. Two hours max. Skim.

The point is to get an idea of what is in the manual. Overview of the pump.

Multiple passes of the manual are far better than spending hours and hours pouring over every page and making detailed notes of absolutely everything.

Two hours. Skim the manual. Skim. Skim. Skim.

Set the proper date/time.
Learn how to do a cartridge fill and replace.
Create a personal profile.

After first pass on the manual and SKIM the entire thing.

Then go back and read in more detail:
Chapter 4 - Getting Started
Chapter 5 - Infusion Site Care and Loading Cartridge
Chapter 6 - Personal Profiles
Chapter 7 - Bolus
32 pages total to read slowly and in detail. These four chapters you need to know. Ask any questions you have. You should be good to start after that. Then you can find out what questions you have when actually running. Both ask here as well as look up the relevant chapter and then read that chapter in more detail for practical questions.

Only a suggestion. Everybody learns differently. You method of learning could be substantially different from mine in which case no offense intended. All I know is my method. But I know everybody is different.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

How’d you know about the notes? :grin:

Tomorrow I skim.

I only guess.

I watch how other people do things and see note taking to be relatively common.

I am not a note taker. I can read or I can write. I can’t do both at the same time.

1 Like

Well taken. We are all different, and my style is different, but there’s plenty of time for that once I have it on. Seriously, tomorrow I skim. Thank you for all the thoughtful responses.

1 Like