Should I own GINORMOUS underwear to be Unlimited? Do you?

What is that called and where did you get it? Thanks!

1 Like

@T1Allison - Not asking for pictures - but if you are stting down - is this the area between the belt line and the part before your but hits the chair - or is this the upper part of your thigh?

I have tried the upper part of the thigh and found it move to much for me there, but never below the belt and the seat.

2 Likes

Yup.

It seems to be existing nicely in between all normal points of contact with the bottom and back of my office chair and my driver’s seat.

2 Likes

I needed clarification on the definition of peak butt. Some of us do not have bum peaks. :laughing:

3 Likes

hahahahahahaha

Also, even though @Eric is typically quite precise…his little gif was improperly showing the butt podding as occurring south of Peak Butt, also known as the Equator.

3 Likes

I am going to try this next pod rotation - I do a clockwise rotation around my body (I swap the cannula end after each trip) so if you time lapsed it (like took a photo of every pod change and played them in a video loop) it would look like a pod migration from right arm to left arm and then at the left arm the pod would fall off like lemmings jumping off a cliff. And then the next migration would go like a backwards lemming - tail first. This will make the pod migration route a bit longer.

(ok - I know that lemmings to not actually jump off cliffs, but had to check wikipedia out for the real story on why people through lemmings jumped off cliffs and then was reminded of a video game that I played once upon a time. Lemmings (video game) - Wikipedia :laughing:

2 Likes

Artistic license.

4 Likes

Well played.

2 Likes

It’s like one of those “Does this dress make me look fat?” questions.

I’ve been married a long time, I know all the stuff now.

“You didn’t notice my haircut!”

“Yes, I noticed the 1/64 of an inch that was cut off from two hairs and you paid $68 for.”

2 Likes

@CatLady It’s called a ‘pump band’, the particular ones I bought are from pocketinnerwear.com.

Amazon has a bunch too, just not sure of the quality. The Pocket Innerwear ones are a soft, stretchy cotton, with a pocket to store a pump or cgm. It can be worn on the hips, waist, or even as a brassiere-type :bikini: affair.

3 Likes

Hilarious!!!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the color, for an additional $84 that looks like the same color, but actually was changed to a slightly different shade, that looks the same with the kitchen lighting, but that you know should be commented on, and then while processing this, your brain has a seizure and you freeze at the absolute worst time, and now it is known that you either a) didn’t notice anything but the credit card notification b) you don’t like it but are too smart to say anything or c) you didn’t notice…

Then you spend the rest of the week trying to make it up somehow.

3 Likes

I just say, “Oh, you look terrific!” whenever she walks in the door. That’s always the safest thing to say. It covers it for hair or if it is a new outfit I didn’t notice.

“I have nothing to wear.”

“Yeah, you have two closets full of nothing to wear.”

3 Likes

@Aaron - Nice visual. I rotate PODs to a few other areas but my Dex resides solely on the back of the calves, see my horrid attempt at a visual aid. (I’m no Eric).

Thanks to @T1Allison and this thread I tried the upper butt/lower back again for my current POD placement. It’s really comfortable and readings have been great so far (last time I tried this I think I put it too far to outside edge of this area which I didn’t like as much).

3 Likes

I like the Ken drawing.

I will have to give the thigh a try.

Oh no! No butt peaks? Tell me you’re not one of those old guys with butt mesas…

2 Likes

To test a new spot for comfort you could tape a non- working pod to a location and see how it works/ interferes with clothing/ life.
As for sleeping issues, my husband uses a Boppy (of the baby feeding fame). He positions the hole of the Boppy where his CGM is so he does not have body pressure on the site. He then uses other pillows (my old maternity pillow) for support and comfort.

8 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that. Great ideas on how to handle the tech! Especially if you are in the throws of babies since the tools are laying around. Now if you had to feed the baby but your husband was sleeping…quite a conundrum.

2 Likes