Sensor and Fraud Discussion

Am i late for the party?

Who is this whipper snapper anyway and why is he talking so much?

Stick around. Listen. Learn some before spouting off about things that you don’t really know anything about.

Dippin’ n dappin’ but don’t know what’s happenin’

4 Likes

My entire stockpile of diabetes supplies would fit on just one of those shelves :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I worry about losing my job and being unable to care for my diabetic child in a country where healthcare costs are more than they are anywhere in the world due to corporate greed.

So, if hoarding makes me fraudulent then i am one happy fraudulent s.o.b. I’ve paid for every supply i have in one way or another. Anyone judging is free to pick an ass cheek to kiss.

9 Likes

I’d give up whatever I had for Liam, so please don’t let that ever cause you a minute of sleep or worry.

Sensors, pods, whatever you want. I’d gladly go back to injections and pee tests for the rest of my life for that little man.

Semper Fi, bro.

1 Like

How many carbs in a can of Heller?

1 Like

I will need to research that. 7 or 8 times tonight!!
:grinning:

1 Like

So - it is the morning after the night before. What were the research results?

Are you ready for me to do the peer review?

1 Like

:rofl:
Retest! Retest! Retest!

1 Like

This may help (though it is from 2004):

A cooler approach is just to vacation in the Bahamas; the government requires food labels on beer, and the guys out there are cool.

Great posting… I have been homeless a couple times with little ones (after cancer surgery). NO FUN. I went to the local health dept for insulin etc.

I DO try and horde some supplies, never know when tough times will hit.

JD

6 Likes

I love my restarted G6 sensors. They stay more accurate for me on the 15th and 20th day.
Yes, I have a stockpile and that’s a good and necessary thing in my book. I learned the stockpile thing as a very important lesson when I first dropped my only vial of insulin I was using when I was first diagnosed. It was re-enforced when I had a bad transmitter that was supposed to be sent by over night mail to me and took more than a week to arrive.

So yes, I stockpile, I think it’s a necessity when it’s something so critical to us. Back up supplies for rainy days!!!

8 Likes

@Marie Welcome to FUD! I think you’re taking the right approach.

To put it another way–I really like coffee, and find it hard to get along without it. But I would never consider stockpiling it.

But I treat myself with insulin. Without it I would die a rapid and painful death. I would never consider NOT stockpiling it.

9 Likes

Hi @Marie!
This is off topic, but since you mentioned it…

Make sure you get the correct size for the type of insulin you have. Much cheaper than a vial!

or

or

https://www.amazon.com/Insulin-Vial-Protective-Case-VIAL/dp/B0070EN0BU/

And @LarissaW, this :arrow_up: is the link I kept forgetting to send you (because of the video of your parent’s crazy insulin-hating cat!)
:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Those are nice to know about! Thank You! Now I am on a Omnipod pump and use pens to refill the pump, and they survive dropping much better!

3 Likes

Hi docslotnick. We must be treating our T1D in about the same way. Like you I use xDrip with the SW3 and smartphone. I also have a backup system with the same components, SW3 and smartphone. I do seem to have a problem installing the xDrip app with my backup smartphone. For some reason I can’t get it to down-load and install an apk application. I’m sure it is just a simple problem with my phone configuration. My backup phone does not have a SIM card so all down-loads are withj WiFi.
I guess you can say that I do stockpile my management components. The SWR50, SW3, is one of my best tools.

2 Likes

sooooo, having backup supplies is bad. We should place total trust in the supply chain because nooooothing ever goes sideways, right?

In the past 60 days i have been w/o sensors for 34 days. See, my supplier, gd Solara, can’t seem to act ship orders as promised. Won’t run on with details but how fun it’s been to stick 15+ times daily.

But nope stocking up a bit is evil. shhhhhh, i have a 30-day backup supply of my Novolog pens. But nothing goes wrong with insurance billing either…

Have a great weekend & right on stocking up a bit! Heck my doc recommends it since a formulary can change on a dime.

1 Like

So maybe off-topic a little (lol) but try giving pharmacy a try for cgm supplies. The number of plans that allow cgm via Pharma keeps increasing. Probably another bunch will get added in a few weeks when the New Year rolls around.

Since we switched to Pharamcy from Medical DME supplier the entire issue around obtaining Dexcom supplies has disappeared for us. And the reason for the switch was sudden and unexpected insanity trying to obtain cgm supplies. Probably seven years with Dexcom with no problems and then suddenly it is like they imploded in terms of trying to deal rationally with them. Not a single issue since we switch to Pharma.

2 Likes

Thomas,

That is encouraging to read. I am fir sure going to check all the pharmacies in town save Walgreens.

I believe Dexcom wants us to move toward retail pharmacies aa well. That has to streamline their own order fulfillment flow. Less dierct to DME’s moving to larger retail suppliers. Combine that with, as i read somewhere, Dex no longer fills direct to customers either (smart & inevitable i feel) greatly reducing a money losing service. Now the can focus better on dealing with bad sensors & Tx.

Your tip on giving the product ID info is perfect to help. I like my current pharmacy as it’s a community small pharmacy that actually has a head pharmacist whi is younger, current on trends & changes. Plus he has built a super staff basically cherry picking a few of the best techs in town from chain story pharmacies. Gotta support a guy like that first. If they can’t then I’ll just go to CVS as I’ve used them a few times and was never let down.

1 Like

The original message I posted was about not having any inventory as backup in Sensors ( and Transmitters, too) due to Edge Park’s absolute refusal to allow shipping just slightly shorter than 90days. Not asking for the opportunity to hoard supplies….I just want my reorder to arrive 10 days earlier than my last expected sensor installation. Any failure of a sensor or an irritation at the site or accidentally knocking off a sensor leaves me with no backup and having to wait for Dexcom’s tech support initiating an “ emergency” replacement that takes 5-7 days to reach me! And that is with a Fed Ex “overnight” shipping! They literally need 2-3 sign-offs internally before it even gets out their door! Extending the life of a couple of sensors was offered as a solution to that problem. Not insurance fraud. Just trying to be safe in spite of the rationing of supplies that are critical to our health.

4 Likes