Senseonics 90-day implantable CGM: would you use it?

@Erwin i would, in a flash especially if I could get my insurance to cover it.

2 Likes

@elver - Even if it meant giving up the Dex/Tandem integration?

I gave up trying to get my insurer to cover it. Too expensive to self fund.

It’s something I would seriously consider.

I’m getting the feeling that most people would prefer the G6 over the eversense (insurance and pump integration). I wonder if people on MDI also would prefer the G6 if insurance wasn’t a factor?

The Eversense has one feature not available on Dex that I would like to try…alerts from the transmitter on your arm, without needing your phone or receiver in range.

6 Likes

@John58 - That is pretty cool.

There is no doubt that the technology involved with the Senseonics Eversense is extremely impressive.

That is pretty neat! I think for us, the big issue is scar tissue. Our kid is only 4. If he has to get a sensor changed out every 90 days, that’s potentially 320 changeouts over a normal lifespan. I mean presumably technology will get better but I don’t want to preclude other potential, better technologies that come along by creating scar tissue prematurely.

Otherwise I would definitely be there for it!!

3 Likes

For sure. Senseonics has reported they have started the clinical trial required for 180-day approval by the FDA (although for some reason I can not find it at clinicaltrials dot gov although I did read the press release from Senseonics). Senseonics has further plans to develop and have approved a sensor good for one year.

These are both pretty big improvements.

I think this is all great and really like the technology.

That being said, I would still not use it for my child. That is something they can decide for themself when they are of age.

2 Likes

@Thomas I was told same last year by a Senseonics rep. The. 180 day sensor (xl model) is currently available in Europe.

3 Likes