Scattered and looking for something new.... Been Pumping for 12 Years and have Really known Nothing But

I’ll take it. :grin:

Well, I will be or I won’t be, but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it…And not before you hear all about it. :blush:

3 Likes

So I’m not sure how much of it was actually being sick, or that being that sick meant I wasn’t giving it any attention, or some combination of a hundred things, but what a difference a day makes…

(Taken yesterday morning)

(This morning)

1 Like

All better.

What is your timing and amounts this morning?

Try to leave the R alone for a while. You need to see if there is an issue with Levi wearing off in the evening.

If you keep taking R insulin an hour or two before the Levi wears off, you won’t be able to see it and know for sure…

1 Like

Okay. Will put my syringes back.

This morning I took 13 units at 6:30 am. I took 9 units last night around 7:30. I think I did a tab or two in the middle of the night.

A tab = ???
I am not familiar with that unit of measure! :slightly_smiling_face:

Perhaps the 9 is not enough at night because you are still sick?

So the 6:30am time. Were you rising up a bit this morning to you took it that early?

Perhaps if you do 6:30am and 6:30pm it might work? Instead of 6:30am and 7:30pm. Maybe that extra hour is causing a problem.

If the Levi quits too soon for your evening shot, I have some numbers and a schedule you can try with 3 Levi shots.

But just give it the day to see how it looks.

Is 3 shots okay? Or would you rather go to Tresiba instead?

A sugar tab… a glucose tablet. :woman_facepalming: So proper around here.

I was starting a rise, yes.

Okay. I’ll set my alarm. :+1:

Sounds good.

Yes, sir.

Why are we asking me? Can we give me a break from shot-calling for a day or two? Without the lecture about doctors and being captains of our own ships and all that? I love your lectures. Don’t get me wrong. :grin:

And I’m only kidding… don’t get all bent out of shape. :grin: But whatever you recommend.

1 Like

Just a bystander comment. This sounds like a complete PITA (Lev, R, Novalog). So what does the end game of this whole scenario look like??

It just seems like the pump is so much easier. I like easy. (I.e. less variables (novalog and timeing of insulin)

2 Likes

A normal pump, yes, perhaps…

But why has Nicky come to this stage in her diabetic life?

There was a foreign news talk show that discussed it a few months ago. Nicky was the topic of conversation. It was very enlightening.

Perhaps Nicky will want to share the link with you. I don’t want to share it, in case it is too personal.

2 Likes

No, it’s so true. This has been quite a ride this last year… I, too, prefer convenience and simplicity, but my pump wasn’t delivering… no pun intended. :grin:

2 Likes

That was such an informative and interesting news piece, I simply must watch it again.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it in almost 48 hours…

1 Like

Can’t you turn it back to a “dumb” pump?

Imagine that… Medtronic technology not quite ready for prime time…there’s a shocker…lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, there was some discussion about that. Apparently it is not very user-friendly when it is in manual mode. I have never used it, that’s just what I have heard.

Do you use medtronic? Are you on a pump, or what is your regimen?

1 Like

Medtronic 523
Dexcom
Xdrip

Why i love my 523(yes i love the pager style pump😀) My next pump move will more than likely be tandem X2.

2 Likes

@jim26, I was preparing my defenses, but I see you already know about Medtronic. :grin:

Yes, you can use it as a dumb pump, but my problem is that I want to use it for the suspend feature if I’m going to be using it at all. In theory, the suspend feature should be a safety net, but for ME (and people really take this personally), my sensor is so frickin cruddy, I feel like I spend my days clearing inappropriately timed suspends. I’m a sensitive woman— give me an unnecessary 20 minute suspend, and it’s going to create problems. It’s an interesting design (and I’d go so far as to call it a flaw), that my pump doesn’t really communicate it to me all that well that it is suspending my insulin. So once every couple of days, one gets by me, and sometimes it’s just a blower. It’s enough to have to stay on my toes all the time with the diabetes, it would be nice to have a pump I can rely on just to do its job.

I’ve pumped for 12 years. This last year has done a number on me emotionally. I needed a break and, in all honesty, a challenge. I’m very happy doing my shots right now and am enjoying the problem-solving, but I’m going to make myself go back to the pump and do it all there. Now that I know I can do this whenever I want, it almost takes some of the pressure off of what I need from my pump.

And I hate to tell you, @Eric, but after a couple of days in manual mode, I’m making myself go into auto. I owe it to the group, and I won’t mind the challenge… In reality, I don’t see myself being able to take it too long, but I’m hoping I’ll have new skills to throw at it. Except that you can have all the skills in the world, and it won’t matter because auto doesn’t share responsibility. And is gonna rock my world.

2 Likes

I am confused by your plan. Are you going to finish the Levemir project?

And this is why my next pump move will be following my preferred sensor technology. (How many years has Medtronic had to get their sensor technology up to speed and it still isn’t there. It’s 2018, why will their sensor/transmitter not communicate with a phone?)

2 Likes

I have never used it myself, but I have heard from some people that sometimes the sensor/transmitter does not even communicate with your body…
:open_mouth:

2 Likes