Oh, hey @Nickyghaleb, they’re talking about you
Me and all my friends, @TiaG. Never looked back. (Except for the numerous times I put it back on to see if something had changed).
Anyway, it’s someone else’s heartache now. That’s all I know.
And all this time I thought you were something special Nicky. Just one of many.
I’ve been brainwashing the others, @Eric. Don’t be fooled. It was all by design.
You are one-in-a-million.
I’m just part of the flock, buddy. Safety in numbers.
So if 40% had technical difficulties, why did the other 60% quit?
Maybe @Nickyghaleb was in the 60%
(ok I was too lazy to sign-up to read the article.)
Would you be okay with it if I just spoke for all 100%? Because I’d be willing to do that.
By all means… yes
Pull up a chair. They have a lot to say.
Do I count as evidence of this???
Yes, and if you must know, you were the easiest.
My first Medtronic pump was 8-1/2 years old, so I started the 670G with guardian sensor December 18’. My first time using a sensor. For several years I had a pretty consistent A1C in the late 7’s. Prior to starting the 670G my A1C taken 10/10/18 and was 7.9. I am happy to say that the recent visit to my Dr. in late February my A1C was 6.6, my Dr. was elated as was I. She decided to keep me in manual mode, which I totally agreed with. Yes, I came from old technology, but this pump and sensor has totally changed (in a very good way) the way I approach my disease! I had one issue with a sensor and Medtronic was very accommodative and sent me 2 packs of sensors! My sensor and blood glucose #'s continue to be very close over the 3 months I have used it. Very happy with this pump, and as long as I get the great results I will pass on going to auto mode!!
So would you say adding the sensor information made the biggest difference for you? If you are using the pump in manual mode, then you are using the sensor data and making the correct decisions for you, but the pump is just giving the insulin you are telling it.
Yes, @coolone58, to be clear, Manual Mode is great. I’ve always liked my Medtronic pumps, and Manual Mode remains mostly true to form. (In my opinion, the suspends shake things up a little, but that’s a different conversation).
I’d just like to say you sound like you’ve got a very reasonable doctor. It’s one of the more alarming things to hear of doctors insisting their patients stay in Auto, and it’s not an uncommon story. The fact your doctor seems to be taking your progress into account makes it sound, at the least, that your doctor is flexible and willing to do some thinking. I do wonder whether or not more people would have a positive experience with their 670Gs if more doctors were this way.
Hi Chris! Couple of things, no doubt being to see your sugars in real time has been the key for me. I can see how different foods affect my sugars and can adjust (bolus) accordingly! The other thing is how bright and colorful the screen on the 670G is and the amount of information available. I enjoy looking at the history which gives you %'s of being in target, below and above target. SG and BG averages are very informative! Sensor changes can be a bit challenging but I have gotten used to that. I do several “corrective” bolus’s every day and for me that has worked very well. This pump and sensor has truly changed my life in very positive way!!
Good morning Nicky! First off, I want to thank you for the very informative videos on the 670G you posted on YouTube! Those videos helped me “prepare” for going live on the 670G! Really appreciate that! It did take a while to get used to the “suspend before low” and early on I would over react, definitely a learning experience. I feel very fortunate to have my doctor! She origionally diagnosed me with adult onset diabetes 30 years ago and I have seen her ever since. I know many have had issues with the 670G in auto mode as you correctly pointed out in some of your videos, when she saw the 6.6 A!C after using the 670G for 2-1/2 months she told me to keep doing what has worked in manual mode! Keep in mind that manual mode is a vast improvement over the old pump I was using. Hope you have a great day Nicky and thanks again for the assistance you have provided me!
See @Nickyghaleb, Eric was right again, you are infamous (or famous)…you pick which one applies best!
@coolone58, I can’t tell you how happy that message made me. Knowledge is the antidote with this pump, and I think you’re a prime example of how it could be for people if it weren’t all such a mystery.
So happy I got preachy.
Sounds like your positive experience with your pump is part result of having an open-minded doctor and part result of your hard work. I love hearing that. Makes me want to get up and check my blood sugar.
Anyway, very nice talking to you!
I’m actually developing a pump of my own and just needed to do something about the competition.