New pump!

I am super excited because my new pump is coming in this week. I can’t wait.

My endo has been recommending it and I have discussed it with him whenever he looks at my Clarity numbers and makes IC changes for me. Anytime he sees a trend where I drop below 120, he adjusts the numbers on my pump, and I think he does a really good job for me.

I go to see him once a month so he can make pump adjustments for me, and he helps me a lot. He is the one who got me started on the low-carb diet which I have been doing for about 10 years. I have been reading a lot of what Dr. Bernstein says, and I have been trying to keep my carb numbers below 15 grams per day.

I am going to have to schedule some time for the CDE to do pump training for me this week, because I wouldn’t want to try and figure it out by myself.

Anyway, I am very excited. I would post more, but the low alarm on my CGM is alerting me because I am at 110, so I gotta get some glucose tabs.

13 Likes

Huh? Did someone hijack your account?

2 Likes

Oh…I see what you’re doing.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I hope the Endo helps you figure things out soon! :Wink wink:

2 Likes

But his icon is also different??

1 Like

…and just realizing that it’s a different date on the East Coast than it is out here in CA. :wink:

2 Likes

The icon is too much…

3 Likes

@Eric Congratulations on the new pump and the awesome endo! It’s nice to have someone who can tell you how to manage this horrid disease.

The ADA says you need to stay under 170, so don’t overdo those glucose tabs, even though they taste so yummy.

3 Likes

Hey that’s great, @Eric. It’s always good to hear.

3 Likes

Now THAT is smokin’ hot! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You like that. :wink:

1 Like

Happy April Fools day!!!

1 Like

I agree, I couldn’t stop looking at it!

1 Like

Nicky, wow I didn’t know you were really Lucinda Williams masquerading as a T1 Diabetic! :wink:

2 Likes

Ok. Busted maybe. Who’s Lucinda Williams? :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

@Nickyghaleb She’s an Eclectic American rock, folk, blues, and country music singer, songwriter and musician.

Edit: Recommended for your listening pleasure - “Honey Bee” or “Joy” (aka You Took My Joy & I Want It Back)!

2 Likes

Can’t do country, but I can do blues. And she’s just got style. I’ll check her out. :heart:

There’s also Car Wheels On A Gravel Road. She’s amazing.

I’m a bit late, but happy April fool’s day! I seer there have been some foolery going on here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I have had 1 glucose tab in my entire life!
:rofl:

2 Likes

There you are, @Trying! I was about to organize a search squad. :grin:

2 Likes