Scattered and looking for something new.... Been Pumping for 12 Years and have Really known Nothing But

My favorite is the gaslighting… how Medtronic has a million explanations why their sensors are just not reliable, none of which pertains to the technology. So with the Guardians, lots of people are finding they’re only getting 4 or 5 days. Medtronic says it’s their badly behaving interstitial fluid. Bad numbers? Drink water. Wash your hands. Wait an hour. Do what the pump says. Don’t do what the pump says.

It would be nice to have real answers.

The most interesting thing to me is that Medtronic NEVER uses the word “delay” even though it probably accounts for more than half of these failures, and they never recommend that people calculate their 35% of the SG before calibrating even though it probably accounts for the other half. There’s something to this. They don’t want people to feel “inconvenienced”, but how strange…

Very opinionated I am.

1 Like

That would be because I am all over the place. I had originally planned on taking a one week break from the pump. I had not originally planned on really enjoying it. Now I’m kind of dragging my feet because I’m not sure in which direction I should head. There’s plenty more to be done here, but I’ve also been talking a big game about auto… and don’t want to be exposed as the fraud I am. Yet. :grin:

Of course I want to finish the Levemir project. Do you have a timeframe so in case anyone starts asking questions, I don’t look like I’m back peddling? :grin:

I’ve been meaning to ask @Nickyghaleb about this…

You know, when I googled the search terms, “Nicky” “670G” and “Medtronic” all at once, here is what I came up with: https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/loop-blog/nicky-answers-your-questions-about-the-minimed-670g-system/

Here is a an excerpt: “With the MiniMed 670G System, I’m more confident with managing my diabetes”

Wow, I’m really confused…:slightly_smiling_face:

On a more serious note, that is a pile of comments following their glowing story, some not so complimentary,

1 Like

This was at the top of our list for our current pump choice when deciding what to go with.

Not to knock anybody else’s choice, but for my point of view, I would not want to run any sort of automated pumping technology based on a sensor where we did not trust the data coming out of the sensor.

6 Likes

Yeah… so I’m the other Nicky… the one they keep in the basement. :smiley: It actually makes me laugh sometimes when she pops up on my computer… she’ll never know me, but I’m pretty sure we’re not soulmates.

Us users think the glowing compliments are fresh out of the click farm and the not so complimentary ones are real people who they accidentally let through. :smiley:

I actually need to stop this joking immediately. I seriously have a good sized group now dedicated to the 670G. I’m TRYING to remain diplomatic.

And doing a bang up job. :smiley:

I’m not sure that I like you guys on this side looking me up, but since you already were, and you already confused me for Auto Nicky, I’m Nicky Ghaleb. Ye who fights for all is good and right in Medtronic World. AKA MDI Nicky Ghaleb.

And I’d have to be on something to say,

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

3 Likes

Sure, Thomas, no offense taken. :thinking:

And I ALSO couldn’t agree more. :smiley:

Well, I googled the search terms, “Nicky” , “T1D Hottie" , and “margarita dance", and you should see what I came up with…

1 Like

Seriously though, a few weeks back when Eric posted that story, I googled those terms before I opened his post, since I thought it would be something serious… and came up with that exact Medtronic link. Guess I don’t know Eric very well!

1 Like

… so there is another Medtronic Nicky out there… :grin:

2 Likes

I’m not sure it’s possible. I just try not to make eye contact.

1 Like
1 Like

…which brings us back to the “cult” comment…

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

One suggestion is to ask yourself what your most important goals are. Is it keeping your BGs in Range X, or avoiding lows, or improved quality of life, accepting wider BG range, or being able to do your running, etc. Just seems like you are changing many things at the same time, along with being sick, caring for kittens, family, Dr appt and other health issues. WOW.

Can you focus on a subset of these?

Find a quiet time if you can, and WRITE it down, prioritize.

When I was dealing with my cancer treatments, this is what helped me get through it.

5 Likes

:two_hearts::two_hearts: You said was… I hope that means it’s all in the past. :tulip:

This is not all. I am hanging on by a thread. I’ve done nothing but be a mother for almost 14 years… and handle lots of health problems… and all of a sudden I’m doing a million things. It’s not a complaint at all but a reality. I don’t know how to slow it down.

My house is not a quiet one, but my kids are in school now. This is possible. And I certainly do love to write. Off the top of my head though, keeping my BG in tighter range and being able to run really feel like the things I most want.

Thank you for helping me think. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You slow down by making that list, do a good job at the important things, and postpone or get help from others for some of your other load.
Maybe only do half million this year.

In October, it will be 5 years since I completed chemo.
(It’s funny when I hear people say, at least it’s not cancer, when they learn of my T1 diabetes. )

3 Likes

That’s overwhelming just to read. It’s the right thing though… just not easy.

What kind of moron… actually says this? It’s too late to even try that thought…

I’m sorry if you’ve actually had to listen to real live morons say this.

What a big anniversary. :heart: In October, we’ll celebrate. :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay. Nice, clear, one insulin only evidence that my Levemir fades and blood sugar rises. No overnight chips. Nothing. I took 9 units of Levemir at 6:45 yesterday evening. That finger stick at 6:30 this morning was about a 215, and I did 13 units then.

And this is not for any kind of immediate anything. Just putting it in here for viewing at your convenience.

How about trying something like this:

7am 13 units
5pm 7 units
11pm 7 units

Times and doses can be flexed according to what you are doing, but just a general idea of a starting point for doing 3x.

1 Like

Oh Nicky, one more thing…

Trust in me! Trust in me!
kaa

4 Likes