Repeated Dexcom G6 failures

@TiaG, sensor problems like that are a pain. I have also been having sensor problems with the G5 for about 6 months: before, I could make them last 10-14 days, but in the past 6 months I have been having a hard time getting them to last just 7 days: we have to ask for a lot of replacements. This is weird because I am not any thinner than I was (although I don’t have a lot of fat).

What I do to avoid problems: I look for the perfect spot every time: as fat as possible. I really pay a lot of attention to exactly where the sensor will go. It helps me not have as many failures. But I still have frequent failures, just not as many as I did for a while. Maybe that can help Samson a little?

I worry about your problem for myself too: if I can’t keep my sensor going for 7 days everytime I think it will be harder for me to keep the G6 going for 10 days. But right now we are stuck with the G5 anyway because we are far from home for many months still. So I hope you will figure out how to deal with it before we get back to the US :smile:

3 Likes