Why are my G5 sensors not lasting as long?

Same.

Significantly Past the point at which I consider it coincidence.

I would consider a more reasonable explanation to be a very minor change in the G4/G5 sensors which were not expected to cause an impact.

(Note: We have switched off the G5 and are now on the G6 which is a different sensor)

For example, PMA Supplement to the Dexcom G4/G5 cgm system:
S075
Decision Date: 06/15/2018
“Addition of a new supplier of glucose oxidase for manufacture of glucose sensors for G4 Platinum and G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems.”

S068
Decision Date: 11/14/2017
“New supplier of raw material for the manufacturing of blood glucose sensor probes. The probes are components in Dexom G4 Platinum Continous Glucose Monitoring System and the Dexcom G5 Mobile Continous Glucose Monitoring System.”

Not saying THIS (or these) are (or are not) the reason for the change in behaviour as we have seen and as @Kaelan also has described but certainly this clearly shows there are minor changes that happen with these systems which are not generally reported upon. Given that we had very similar happen to us on the G4/G5 after going a VERY long time and being very consistent in getting 12 or 13 days on a G4/G5 sensor and then suddenly getting shaky data on day #6. Yeah. That is a big change.

7 Likes