Random D thoughts

I’ve heard diabetes can make you forgetful, but I don’t think that’s true.

1 Like

I’ve heard…um…uh…Oh I forgot what I was going to say.

5 Likes

:scream_cat: ha!

1 Like

What if all our communication with endo’s was like a txt message from a teen?

3 Likes

Translation? Slay? SMH? BFN?

I have no idea what this means either, so let’s consult the Urban Dictionary.

slay
killed it. succeeded in something amazing.

SMH
The internet acronym for the words ‘shake my head’. Usually used when disappointed in someone/something.

BFN
Bye for now

The dumbing down of America. Kids no longer learn cursive (except as a extra and “special” class / lesson), and this is really how they communicate. I see it all the time with my own kids. It’s not a good trend…

1 Like

@Boerenkool thnx

My teen niece and I read a book together last summer and discussed it by text. I told her we both had to use proper spelling and complete sentences in the discussion. I’m pleased to say she rose to the challenge!

2 Likes

I make my kids talk and type everything correctly to Erin and I. But they’re like different creatures when talking/chatting with their friends.

Come on, Doc! Wasn’t it obvious?

You exceeded all expectations on your A1C test. Well done.

I am, however, shaking my head at your postprandial lows.

You know, just like the Endo said. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Eric I’m way beyond trying to understand the gibberish that passes for English these days. I’m also a card carrying member of the Grammar and Punctuation Police.

3 Likes

4 Likes

ugh, I dread this era. (Looking forward to other things about it, but not the horrible textspeak that’s so ubiquitous now.)

I couldn’t care less how people text each other (I know some people who can write beautifully, but use text-speak for texts to be quick), but when I was teaching university classes, I was actually getting some freshman writing reaction papers with text-speak, I kid you not.

1 Like

Thankfully, my children keep this stuff away from wife and I. My wife is an english nazi connoisseur with a habit of correcting others in the family.

Agreed. Medium specific. IM Speak is fine for txt msg and IM chat but does not belong in work related emails, written documents, etc…

1 Like

society is in decline. :frowning:

1 Like

Always has been, always will be…

At some point during my first year university they tried to teach us something about email etiquette (just some really basic rules) and I was baffled by the examples of emails they showed. Apparently some students write their teachers emails like “Yo <teacher’s first name>, <message/question>. xxx John

2 Likes