Random D thoughts

I don’t like lol :slight_smile:

Amazing… Particulary in “formal” Europe! Although I know that the Netherlands are not formal :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a new one now “lel”. It means absolutely NOTHING…it’s really “lol”, but there isn’t an o in it…instead there’s an e, for no reason at all. I asked my oldest son what’s “lel” mean…he said it’s just like lol. I asked him why not just say lol then? He said, it’s just another way of saying it. I asked him why they say lel instead of lol and he said because they just want to be different, or lazy.

“different or lazy”…defines much about where we are these days! lol

1 Like

One of the funniest things to me is BG meter control solution. The ranges they have, like 80-130.

Oh, 80-130! Of course, that will tell me if there is a problem with the meter! As long as I can narrow it down to 50 points! Gee thanks, Mr. Control Solution Bottle!

When you call the meter company’s tech support and they tell you to use control solution, that’s like being told to reboot your computer…

1 Like

Germany is more formal I believe. But even we aren’t that informal. I get that it can be confusing at times, because some faculties like to promote their ‘informal atmosphere’, but it should be self-evident that ‘yo’ or ‘xxx’ isn’t appropriate.

1 Like

No matter how casual the country is, yo or hey shouldn’t start any communication in a professional setting. I wish that was more self evident.

1 Like

Nah, Germany isn’t formal. They HAVE formal speech, but most of them don’t use it…it’s what they pawn off on, and make Americans learn when they go over there so that everyone can laugh at them when they are speaking and no one is understanding them.

First hand experience on that. I was stationed over there for 8 years. X wife and daughter are both German (daughter is dual citizen). I went to a volksschule there and learned proper German, but my, then wife would laugh at me when I spoke to her. She had to teach me the correct way to talk instead of the formal, strict language. Unless you go to formal events and are high class, the majority of the people speak what my x-wife referred too as “low class German”.

I read that water is one of the top 5 sources for carbs. It was on the Internet so it must be true…

3 Likes

Funny!

I wonder if it also reverses diabetes?

2 Likes

No. That would be the grapefruit and onion diet that cures diabetes. Everyone knows that.

3 Likes

Don’t forget colloidal silver. It cures everything, and I can sell you a generator so you can make your own…

3 Likes

Doesn’t the garlic necklace also ward away the evil Diabetes spirits? Or am I thinking of something else?

1 Like

Not sure about that, but maybe you can use the silver generator to create a stake to slay the vampire hiding under your bed…

1 Like

Or some silver bullets…

1 Like

it also adds a lovely blue hue to your skin.

1 Like

The best part is the color is permanent. No upkeep needed. That is a really good selling point!

1 Like

Diabetics are the best in the world at removing splinters.

We have a ready supply of alcohol swabs and syringes or needles. And jabbing a needle into the skin is already 2nd nature.

A splinter doesn’t stand a chance in my house.

3 Likes

Yes! Also I feel very prepared for any blisters that might need lancing, or pretty much any minor dermatological quasi-surgical home procedure.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’ve gotten some appalling emails—my academic friends and I will share the worst we get. I’ve also seen ones where the inappropriate informality is combined with ridiculous requests, like “oh hey, I didn’t make it to any of the lectures for the first half of the semester because they were so early, can you send the slides for them?”

4 Likes

Oh, I love that one!