Random D thoughts

One of my mentors quit teaching and left the university when the administration stopped calling them students and started calling them customers. The way they have inflated the costs of everything, along with having “customers” leads to behavior like this that is honestly appalling. I don’t think I could contain myself if someone asked that in an email. I would just thank them for their time and give them an F.

1 Like

I had lowness so I wanted some Cocoa Krispies. But we were out of milk, so I just poured some half-and-half coffee cream into the bowl instead.

Cocoa Krispies and coffee cream.

The rest of you trying to win the “FUD - Healthy Eater of the Week” award can just hang it up. It’s mine this week.

3 Likes

I had a strawberry-filled pastry before lawn mowing today. :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

It was my girlfriend’s birthday yesterday, and as part of celebrations, I took the day off Friday, and we went kayaking for 4 hours, including in the ocean and upstream, which for me was the point of complete muscle exhaustion (I’m not the fittest person to begin with, and it was tough even for her). So between normal festivities (cake etc), and dealing with almost 24 hours of hard to predict blood sugars/lots of lows, I’ve eaten ALL THE CARBS this weekend ha. We had gotten Cambodian food Thurs night (I usually mostly eat stir-fried peapod leaves and fried tofu, and sometimes some chicken satay, with no or minimal rice, which all is reasonable blood-sugar-wise), so I did treat some of the persistent lows by eating a whole bunch of her leftover fried rice, so that was delicious.

2 Likes

Sounds pretty darned healthy to me. All four major food groups are covered–fat, sugar, salt, and chocolate. Well done!

4 Likes

What a GREAT idea!

There’s a yummy French-style bakery in our town (butter, anyone?) and we stop there most Saturday’s after shopping at the Farmers Market. :coffee:️:cake:

1 Like

The best time to go grocery shopping is when you are hungry and have low blood sugar.

You end up with all kinds of good stuff that way!
:yum:

1 Like

ROTFLMAO

1 Like

I do the grocery shopping usually on Sunday afternoon. Funny thing is that grocery shopping always seems to cause my Bg to crash. I can walk into the store at 120, and within half an hour I’m at 50.

I think it’s an anger response at having to spend so much money just to buy some food.

2 Likes

That’s the best time. You are a crafty D veteran.

1 Like

I’ve done the reverse and gone grocery shopping with a high blood sugar. Ended up buying not that much food, but so many beverages!

2 Likes

This is what I like to call the Yom Kippur principle of grocery shopping… going shopping when you’re hungry is always going to yield the best treats.

3 Likes

“an entire drawer in the bottom of my fridge for sugary carbs” … “strawberry-filled pastry” … “society is in decline”…

I opened a new browser page and fell into Paradise.

5 Likes

Because of all my google searches, I am always seeing ads and pop-ups for diabetes treatments and “cures”. They always make me laugh.

They remind me of Abraham Lincoln’s wise words:

3 Likes

May I suggest an adblocker in your browser, and duckduckgo as a google replacement? I never see any ads.

1 Like

And if you want a little more control than an adblocker, try Umatrix or ScriptSafe. You would be shocked by how many unnecessary tracking processes are running on a commercial website.

But I might miss out on the grapefruit and cinnamon cure!

1 Like

I almost always see a drop in BG when shopping (not just grocery shopping either). Weird.

1 Like

From walking maybe?