Physical stress and high insulin resistance

I ended up in hospital with a kidney infection and sepsis. Lots of IV antibiotics and the all clear. Then a month or so later back in the ER.

My right kidney has a 9mm stone sitting on top of the ureter. Next Thursday a nephrostomy tube into the kidney in preparation for a laser procedure to blast the stone.

All this has made blood glucose management difficult.

I don’t know if it because of the oral antibiotics, but my stomach is slightly queasy. Not helpful for BG but saltine crackers are what I can eat.

My urologist told me if the urine flow is stopped the kidney will temporarily shut down with the pain abating. This has happened and I don’t have the pain that wa ranging from 2 to 6 on the infamous scale of 1 to 10.

2 Likes

I don’t want to give this a “heart” emoji as it sounds really painful. I hope it gets better soon and will be thinking of you.

3 Likes