Our family runner

Our son completed his first 5k of the season and got a respectable 19 mins and 58 seconds despite tripping and falling in the first turn. He also finished first on his team. We’re super proud of him!

12 Likes

That’s a good life lesson tripping falling and going on to finish. Bravo!

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Congrats!

:star_struck:

4 Likes

Way to go!! Congratulations!!:confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Good work! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Perseverance and good times. Congratulations!

3 Likes

It’s a very strange world, tbh…you RUN and then you RUN AGAIN, to cool down from the run you just completed??? :smiley: He came home after running the 5k, then said…“I need to run another 2 to 3 miles (jog, not run), to cool down.” I was like…“doesn’t just stopping running cool you down?” He’s like, yes, but it’s not recommended for long distance runners…we have to go through a cooldown phase where we only “jog” a certain distance. I was like…“Okay, love you! Be safe!” :smiley:

4 Likes

4 Likes

@ClaudnDaye, that is so cool. Congrats to your runner. Even cooler is, that we’re doing the exact same thing. Our son just started the cc season last weekend with his first race. Needless to say, that his T1D is a pain in the neck, but he (and we as a family) won’t let it hold him back, in good FUD tradition. Happy running!

11 Likes

@Andre Great job!! Looks like a great turnout of fans, and perfect weather for your son’s first CC race!!!

5 Likes

On Saturday Conor had his second 5K race this season and finished 12th overall (out of 102 runners) and 1st again on his team with a time of 18 mins and 18 secs. Super proud of him, that’s his best time ever.

30 seconds more and he’ll be in top 5. 1 minute would put him in the top spot. We had been saying “Aim for sub 19, Conor!” After Sat, were now saying. “ Aim for sub 18, Conor!”

Team pic added. He does the same thing with his eye brow as I do in pics. Lol

7 Likes

Great job, and great photo of your talented son!! You have to be so proud!!

4 Likes