Online Canadian Pharmacy: Mark's Marine Pharmacy RXCanada4Less.com

That’s just what their website says when you go through the ordering motions-- 2-3 weeks standard shipping or 1-2 weeks expedited. Then the FAQ says it leaves the pharmacy the same day the order is placed and the entire delay time shipping is spent at US customs and goes on to say during busy times of the year it may take even longer enroute… that’s all from their website and before my address was entered

Maybe worth calling them and asking them about it.

What time of the year did you order?

I found the thing you were talking about on the site. They have a different shipping for refrigerated versus non-refrigerated supplies. They don’t stick insulin in a regular box and ship it to you. For medicines that require refrigeration, they handle it differently.

Yes they handle it differently and pack it appropriately, my impression is still that there’s the potential for it to spend 1-3+ weeks sitting at US customs… I had a long conversation in the past with a different Canadian mail order pharmacy and they assured me that although they pack it in a cooler and with ice packs they have absolutely no control over how long it takes at customs… a foam box with ice packs will keep it cooled for 2 days. Maybe those are the extreme case scenarios and normally it sails right through but it was enough to stop me from purchasing at the time… I’d probably do it anyway now since I’m more familiar with how durable insulin is…

From what I have seen, customs on stuff coming from Canada is not nearly as bad as stuff coming from other countries.

If you really want to have fun with customs delays, try buying coffee from Columbia!

1 Like

How can someone from America benefit from the savings?

When I wrote this up 3 years ago, the savings for NovoLog and Humalog were about 1/6 to 1/10 of the cost compared to if you were to buy it from a pharmacy in the U.S. without insurance.

I have not priced it lately.

1 Like

To benefit from the savings, I order insulin from them. Works well over the phone. I’ll be doing that again in a couple weeks - my insurance changed so US insulin is costly with my plan

3 Likes

@mike_g will you post to let us know how it goes? My insurance also changed for this year and insulin is expensive. Thanks! Jessica

@JessicaD, I’ve ordered from them in the past, and it has worked very well. I will update when I order again, prob next week

2 Likes

Update: I ordered last week, and requested they ship on Monday March 9. I received the package just now, Saturday March 14. The icepacks were melted but still cold. 3 boxes Levemir pens shipped with foam box and 6 icepacks for $550.

3 Likes

Glad you got your order!