Omnipod Looping

How do you know when to Calibrate? Does Dexcom request calibration? I haven’t seen that with the G6. However, I find that G6 can be off more than 30% the first day of the sensor. Then I calibrate once and that is usually sufficient. Of course, I do finger sticks to check. First day of sensor is sometimes right on the money though. :thinking:

Yes. It requires calibration every 12 hours

1 Like

For me, sometimes in the first few days, it requires much more than that!!
:rofl:

1 Like

Always for us. The first…nearly full day, our sensor is WAY off…so when he reads “HIGH with double arrows up”…yes, that happens regurarly on day 1…a finger stick usually shows that he’s only 130. lol. After the first day all the kinks are worked out for the most part…but if I don’t calibrate immediately when it’s time, there can be drastic differences in these numbers (cgm -vs- finger stick) in a very short period of time.

1 Like

Man, that is way off.! You are G5 though, right?

Yes. For Liam, when he’s both low and high (under 70 and over 200), it’s also usually off. Before we treat either way, we’ve learned to always do a finger stick first, calibrate if necessary, then treat if necessary.

1 Like

@dm61 (or anyone else that knows!!),

When a bolus fails to deliver - for example the RL is out of range such as when the RL is in my pocket on the opposite side of my body as the pod - I am not getting any notification on the watch that the bolus failed.

On my iPhone, under settings >notifications, I have loop notifications turned on.

And I see a notification on my phone that the bolus failed, but not on the watch.

Any suggestions what to look for? This is absolutely necessary for me to be able to use the watch.

I think this has to be a watch setting somewhere.

Thanks!

We were at about 4X. I think up to 5x is potentially safe but beyond that seems way too aggressive. Although, I think it really depends on your paramters – how much basal you need, how much you bolus for carbs, etc.
To me, the main question is: If ALL of this insulin being given was a huge mistake, would Samson be in real danger? For us 0.75 or 0.8 units of insulin just isn’t that much to mop up.

3 Likes

After bolusing, Loop returns to its home screen. Sits there for a few seconds, maybe 30 seconds, then displays Bolus LOOP with green logo screen. Finally, it displays the Bolus Failed screen. This last screen only displays for a few seconds so you’ll have to check your watch. This is from the Jojo-beeps branch.

1 Like

Make sure notifications are turned on for the watch. (in the Watch app - Notifications - scroll down to loop, make sure everything are set there for mirroring phone and/or receiving notifications.

1 Like

I never see any of those other screens.

I never see this one, regardless of whether it was successful or a failure:

Never see this one:

The only thing I ever see is that it starts here, I hit the bolus command, and then it goes to the main screen, regardless of whether it worked or not.

So I guess from what you are saying, something is wrong with mine!

(BTW, I used your images instead of mine to make it easy for me to reply. Thanks!)

1 Like

@Eric, maybe your phone is unlocked when you are trying bolus from watch? If that’s the case, notifications will appear only on the phone, not the watch. You may want to take a look at this Apple page about notifications.

1 Like

Yes, I checked that too. My phone is receiving notifications:

And my watch is set to mirror phone notifications:

I saw that last night when I was trying to figure it out and tried it with a locked phone to make sure. Same result, I got no notification.

Also, just to be clear, if the bolus succeeds, there is no notification generated whatsoever. [Edit: this was a statement of fact, not a question]

1 Like

Yes, that is correct. No notification regardless of success or failure.

No notification on success = by design. No notification on failure - that’s a problem. Are you getting any notifications on your watch, e.g. when someone sends you a text message?

Yes, I just checked it. Text message appears on the watch.

make sure do do this - on your phone:

Also scroll down in that second image, find Loop, open it and make sure the settings are correct there.

2 Likes

Yes, I just double checked.

Notifications Indicator is ON, and Notification Privacy is OFF.

And mirror iPhone alerts is ON for the Loop app.

1 Like