Omnipod - Correction Factor and Glucose goal range - which has biggest effect (in your real experience)?

I hate the TDI only matters, if that was true there would be no flu action of basal. No correction, no I/c card ratio. But I am not going to get into any of that today. I have post where I explained my prospective, I cam to reascherch in, verses listing to a pod cast.

The glucose goal range is only for your chart tracking though, it’s not a functional input…. Only the correct above is for the algorithm (and I’m not sure if that just inputs to the bolus calculator or actually affects the algorithm….) but I’m pretty confident the goal range doesn’t influence the auto algorithm at all

2 Likes

Thanks @bkh. I think the goal range is actually working like you suggest in OP5, but I am no expert, for sure.

The goal range is not a functional input with this particular system

I sure wish it allowed a little more aggressive auto basal adjustments toward the target glucose, perhaps in future versions that’ll be a thing

3 Likes

thank you and understood, it is just a theory of mine, and hope I have never presented as anything else. I don’t even discuss on other pages because I don’t to miss led. I am just “let me say” attempting to explain to myself the reaction of the basal it gives to the bg readings it gets from the Dexcon. I am more mechanical, and I see a relationship between the two that is not consistent with common explanations.
when I changed my settings to TTIR (80-140) it acted different than with the 70-180 range with my basal, for example before it would start reducing basal at 180, now it does not start reducing until around 140.
I have to go here, I hate the only thing it uses is TDI to determine basal, will true, the devil lies in how it uses that number. anyway I am not going into that, I’ll just say I have a post on here explaining my thoughts on this

1 Like

This is page 142 of the users manual. It’s not from a podcast.

Note: The Glucose Goal Range does not impact insulin delivery.

5 Likes