OmniPod - BG test "Confirm" reminder

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I am so used to doing blood tests - on many different meters - that I just mindlessly put the strip in and put blood on it.

The problem is when I use the BG meter on the PDM without hitting the confirm button first. You lose the strip. :angry:

I have lost so many strips that way. Anyone else do that?!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So I did this as a reminder. Hopefully it will help me not do that anymore.

I changed my PDM ID Screen to this: :joy:

3 Likes

I wasted a few strips myself but seem to have the new sequence in place now. I added some BG tags to the standard list: pre-exercise, bedtime, CGM calibration.

1 Like

Yes! Iā€™m already frustrated with the Confirm requirement. Your idea is Brilliant, I going to use this idea right now. :hibiscus:

2 Likes

Just wanted to mention, it has been over a week since I changed my ID screen, and I havenā€™t wasted a single strip since!
:grin:

1 Like

So funny. I just changed my PDM screen last night - thanks to you @Eric!!

Iā€™m such a procrastinator :smirk:

2 Likes

Just curious ā€¦ where do you look at these tags? I used to use a few in the early days, but since they donā€™t seem to transfer either to Dexcom Clarity or Diasend, I stopped. Or am I not looking in the right place?

Clever! It took me about six months to train my brain, but I still lose a stick or two a week.

I put my phone number as my ID. That way, if I lose my PDM, itā€™s the first thing anyone sees when they turn it on. You can put your phone number in your ā€œMy Infoā€ page as well, but no one who doesnā€™t use the Omnipod would ever be able to burrow down into that.

2 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s another good tip, thanks for sharing.

I do that too. When on trips, I change it to my phone number. And then change it back when I get back home. :smiley:

In the PDM menu, go to More Actions, then Assign/Edit BG tags.

I know how to assign them, I was just wondering how useful they are in the end. Now that I have a CGM and review theings at Diasend or Dexcom, I donā€™t have much need to go into My Records>BG History and then press the ? mark, and the tags donā€™t get uploaded to those sites (not that Iā€™ve discovered, anyway).

Apologies, I didnā€™t read carefully enough. I use Glooko and the tags are displayed in the History tab, for example, an apple for pre-meal and an apple core for post-meal.

Must be a US thing? I use Glooko/Diasend on the international site. On the Comparison > Logbook/Table page, tags are hidden. If I hover my cursor over a test reading, a little pop-up shows me the exact time and some tags, such as ā€œNegative ketones,ā€ but not any exercise-related or custom tags. And thereā€™s no indication on the logbook page that a tag exists, and one (or this one) isnā€™t about to hover over every single test result to see if thereā€™s a tag. Which is why I stopped entering them on the PDM. Shame, really, because it could be a useful feature.

Or maybe Iā€™m just doing something wrong and havenā€™t found the magic ā€œShow Me My Tagsā€ button.