Omnipod Alarm Explanations

Thanks!

2 Likes

Also @onehtcm8, if you have a few pods from the same box or the same lot number giving you problems, you can call Insulet and get all of the boxes with the same lot number replaced.

They will require you to send the remaining boxes back and they will replace them.

2 Likes

You may already know this info, but just in case. Lot Number locations listed below for both the individual pack as well as where it can be found on the boxes. (this is for the Dash, but all the versions, I believe show similar information)

On the individual POD packages:

And on the box, it can be found here:

We have a post somewhere where everything under the sun practically, has labelsā€¦but I couldnā€™t find it.

Good luck!

2 Likes

For the 2nd time in the last few weeks, I had a 17-xxxxx-xxxxx-020 Occlusion code today.
(Looked up 020, and it is in fact ā€œOcclusion Occurredā€ on the Dash)

Iā€™ve never had them in the past, but both pods were from the same boxā€¦ and Iā€™m wondering if there might be something else up.
I have a second box from the same Lot, so keeping my fingers crossed I dont have a 3rd issue.

3 Likes

@Al.S Iā€™m late to the party on this topic, just found it for some reason. @ClaudnDaye, @Eric, and others have already provided great info. My only add on is please donā€™t just switch pods and move on, report the issue to Insulet, here on FUD or other sites you visit so others can benefit from your experience. Also, thanks to @ClaudnDaye for the site reference. I have to admit I tore down a pod the first month to see what made it tick, found a YouTube video and website dedicated to pod operations, but didnā€™t recall the SMA (Shape Memory Alloy) metal used for the wire pumping action!

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up ā€¦
For the record:

• I did report both Occlusion issues when I had the second one
  • In both cases, the area where the canula was had bleeding, and some blood had seeped out around the adhesive.
  • Support did send me replacements.
  • No additional issues with the second box of the lot.

I did however have a different issue altogether, with another boxā€¦ where 3 Gave me the same Error after about a day of use (less than 50% of reservoir used): 19-xxxxx-xxxxx-095 (Again insulet replaced, and asked me to send back).

2 Likes

One other thing to add, Insulet will send you pod adhesive which has a cutout for the pod and is shaped to fit the pod.

Itā€™s basically the same type of thing that Dexcom will send to you, except shaped for pods.

They are free, so itā€™s worth getting if you have problems keeping them ā€œstuckā€.

3 Likes

Hi! I just recently had an error and I was wondering if someone knew the code since it doesnā€™t show up here and the other posted list isnā€™t very helpful on it. The code is listed as: 50-22213-03451-006. It also says itā€™s a ā€œSystem Errorā€ which leads me to believe itā€™s the device and not the pod. I had this problem while trying to change the device/insulin delivery time zones so iā€™m wondering if it has something to do with that or something else entirely? Iā€™m also on the Omnipod 5 G6 if that changes anything. Itā€™s telling me to contact Customer Care (which I will do) But wondering if someone could help me in the meantime and for future reference!

1 Like

Hi @Dreamin, welcome to FUD!

Iā€™m sorry, I donā€™t know that one. When you call it in to report it, can you ask them for an explanation? It would be great to share it here if you find out. Thanks!

Tried to find the code online and failed. As youā€™re on O5, I assume thatā€™s what itā€™s for. If you call Insulet, please let us all know, perhaps we can add to the list contained elsewhere here on FUD!

1 Like

@TomH I will be calling them today to ask so Iā€™ll definitely let you guys know! Thanks for the help!

2 Likes