Old iPhone? Don’t upgrade Tandem t:connect app

While many are thrilled with the latest release of the Tandem t:connect app, if you have an old iPhone (series/model 5, 6, 7 or first generation SE), DO NOT upgrade the t:connect on your iPhone. You will immediately get only a “Devuce Not Supported” warning screen and no CGM or pump data.

While Tandem is aware of that and working on it, it sounds as if the fix is weeks away!

As I’m about to embark on a 3 day drive and find it annoying and/or dangerous to check CGM reading on my pump while driving, I had to get a new phone.

I love Tandem and my G6, but, in this case, I would argue that Tandem offered up a software escape rather than a release.

I hope nobody else gets burned by this upgrade.

John

1 Like

Did you do the step to check whether your phone was compatible, and it was?

No, my phone upgrade apps in the background, but they apparently have no thick of hardware and/or IOS to see if it compatible and blindly upgrades the app … which turns out to be a blind alley from which there is no escape.

I only was that my device was not supported AFTER the upgrade.

John

The following is the last step (5). It should’ve been the first step. I seem to remember that I was instructed to check phone compatibility when I registered for the early release. Here is step 5.

Update the t:connect Mobile App

Update to version 2.1.3 of the t:connect mobile app through Google Play or the App Store. [Make sure your device is compatible](404 - Page not found) before you begin. Then follow these detailed instructions and helpful video to pair the t:connect mobile app to your t:slim X2 pump.

Apple iOS 14 or 15

• iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
  • iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
  • iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, or 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro, or 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X, XS, or XS Max

Android OS 10, 11, or 12

• Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra
  • Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 FE, or S20 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy S21 5G

Which IOS was your iPhone?

@CarlosLuis

I started with IOS 14.7 and upgraded to 15.5 a day or so ago … to no avail. Note: 15.6 is now available.

I suspect that t:connect was released without them realizing that it didn’t work on older phones.

Interestingly, their list of supported and unsupported models is silent on the SE (third generation), which is a new model as of earlier in 2022.

Thanks,

John

My phone is SE running IOS 15.5. No problems with the update.