Nice perks of having an actual site for BG tracking

3 Likes

Are you going to document what you are doing? I would love to follow your progress so that I can imitate you downstream.

For our specific configuration, sure. Probably some time after the babies born though. For the next month or so, I’ll be playing gopher and doing all the stuff Erin usually does so I should be busy as hell (and I thought I was already busy!) :stuck_out_tongue: But yes, I can certainly do that.

1 Like

I’m actually off tomorrow, so if she doesn’t go into labor I can probably do something up. I’ve made bullet point notes nonetheless so I don’t forget the exact process (including @docslotnick’s help in PM’s in one or two areas I was having problems with!)

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, I had forgotten you were super close! So exciting!

2 Likes

Good luck with the baby!

2 Likes

Best luck with the baby!

2 Likes

Good luck with the baby! I’m sure it will be nuts for a while.

2 Likes

Very exciting! Both website for diabetes data AND the baby! I hope he arrives safely and on time. I’m sure @ErinElizabeth makes it look easy. :smiley:

1 Like

Baby #6.

3 Likes

What a lovely pic! Keeping my fingers crossed!

1 Like

I’m still having issues on my end (getting the BG data to be populated correctly - my BG data was populated initially, then cut out and hasn’t worked all night), but I had been working on the guide as I went along, so regardless, I figured I’d post what I was able to put together.

Do we have a Google Drive for shared documents/workbooks? I seem to remember us creating a google drive early on. If I can get a link, I’ll post it out there.

Nightscout_xDrip via Heroku with Android Collector Phone.docx (1.3 MB)

Okay, here’s the document. Enjoy! If you see ommssions or mistakes, let me know.

2 Likes

What is the benefit of using xdrip as uploader instead of g5 app? Strictly for transmitter life extension? I get no missed numbers with g5 dexcom app.

Yes, there is a hard fast “battery dead” date for each transmitter when you use receiver/G5 mobile app as receiver. xDrip+ avoids this limit and allows you to use your transmitter much longer since the battery isn’t actually dead…you’re just forced to buy a new one…

xDrip+ has a LOT more functionality, though than the receiver/mobile app. It shows projected lows/highs which I really love. It tells you how much “predicted” time given the current trajectory before you’re low, or high. There are so many awesome things with xDrip, but that’s what I love the most besides the extended transmitter life.

According to @docslotnick, eventually, you get near 100% with xDrip also, but there’s a period of time (for whatever reason…a week or two, when you first start out, where you only get 50-60%.) Unfortunately, it looks like I’m going to need to revert back to the receiver/Mobile app right now. Erin’s about to give birth any day now (starting her 40th week on Saturday) and I don’t want Devlin (my oldest son, who will be taking care of Liam in our absence) to have issues with knowing what Liam’s BG’s are. When we can, we’ll go back to do more xDrip testing. It’s definitely where I want to be in the future…but when the stakes are lower and he’s perhaps a bit older.

@ClaudnDaye Probably a good decision.

If you compare Dexcom and xDrip+, it’s easy to see that Dexcom is fairly drop dead simple, while there are several complexities with xDrip+. The trade off is that you get so much more data and hardware useability with xDrip+ that it makes it worth it if you want to invest the time and effort to get it going.

One thing that I would caution with setting up xDrip+ is to first do it on one receiver phone connected only to the transmitter. When that gets going well, then start with the Share/ Nightscout/Cloud upload/Sync Group/smart watch configuration. There are just too many moving parts to do it all at once.

2 Likes

Harold, I just read your deployment document: this is OUTSTANDING!

I am so pleased that you put it together, this is really great. I am planning on making it a full wiki in your name, while you and Erin are busy doing other stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to send a very sincere thanks to @docslotnick for staying up with me until the wee hours of the morning troubleshooting my own xDrip issues

Please add his name to the wiki because many of the things that are in that document he helped me understand and figure out

3 Likes

That is really weird. Seems like it would be either work or not work. @docslotnick, is this a problem for you as well?