New NovoPen 4

I’ve received a brand new pen upon delivery of my order but I have no use for it since I have two. I’m thinking of giving this away to anyone in need but am doubtful there’s a need. Ideas?

1 Like

new
I wonder - what exactly is different about it? Looks basically like a new pain job to me :slight_smile: I wonder if this is another example of “evergreening” - companies make a small change to a medication, get it re-approved as a “newer” version (which of course probably means they have to pay the FDA something for the privilege), and then get to extend the exclusion of other companies on producing the original drug/device. At least I think that’s how it works. But maybe this is different, since they presumably didn’t change the insulin itself (attach a pointless little fatty acid onto the end or something), but the delivery device.

I wonder the same about the new “Humira Citrate-free” version… I get that it is less painful - especially a consideration for children I guess - but isn’t Humira and the other biologics once a month injections? Not such a big deal I’d think. But shouldn’t adalinumab (Humira generic name) be off-patent all ready? Since it’s been around since 2002. I was surprised when it started to be advertised “recently” (sometime between 2008-2014) - I thought, “wasn’t this advertised years ago?”

1 Like

I meant “new” as in not used. The pen is not new technology but it is not used and still in the package. Just was wondering if anyone could use this…

1 Like