Looking for 1/2 unit NovoLog pens

I know about the full unit NovoLog disposable pens.
I know about the full unit Humalog disposable pens.
I know about the 1/2 unit Humalog disposable pens.

But you know what I don’t know?!? Yep, you guessed it!

Yes, I know NovoLog has the Echo Pen thingy, with 1/2 units and some memory thing on it. But the memory thing - for me that’s really just junk I don’t need and prolly more expensive. And also probably takes up more space.

Can anyone give a reference for just plain simple 1/2 unit NovoLog pens?

(BTW, I am not looking for anyone to send me pens. :joy: Just looking for a name or NDC number so I can get some. :grinning: )

5 Likes

@Eric Prior to last December, when I went on Omnipod, I tried to find Novolog in a pen with 1/2 unit dosing. I couldn’t find anything except the cartridge style pens, which are a bit bulkier and cost more unless your insurance picks up the tab. The only two I found in cartridge form were Novo Echo and Inpen. The Novo Echo Plus comes in two colors (blue/red) for preference or denoting short/long acting, memory tracks dose and time since injection, supposedly has a 3 month memory (one site says approx 800 doses), and a battery life of 4-5 years. It uses near field communication (NFC) to download to a compatible app on phones/pads/computers and can differentiate more than one pen. The InPen (by Medtronic?) comes in three colors (grey/blue/pink), Bluetooth connects to a phone/pad app that records doses, gives dosing recs (only available outside the US as of December), helps count carbs, etc., and costs $35/year unless your insurance covers it; the battery is not replaceable and dies in a year. InPen (Medtronic?) will try to help with checking insurance; my try turned into a goat rope, probably due to my military retiree Tricare for Life insurance, and I decided to try Omnipod instead.

If anyone knows of another 1/2 unit dosing pen for Novolog, please post here; good info to have for possible future use.

3 Likes

Are you referring to the Novolog 100 Unit/Ml Flexpen?

1 Like

CJ on the other forum has used the German Pendiq for 10 years and loves them. Dosing as low as 0.1 Units

Not available in US but he has them couriered from Germany to US without issue

5 Likes

This may work (Echo), if only you were a kid.

2 Likes

Neat, want one, want two. Unfortunately they don’t have any and there is no price on the site; it seems to be €169, according to the following pretty good Reddit user experience write-up (well worth reading, it isn’t all upside):

1 Like

@jbowler If you message @CJ114 on the other site I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you how he gets them and for what price

1 Like

The relevant thread is here:

I don’t know? Does that have 1/2 unit dosing?

The Novopen Echo is about 0.5 cm longer than my Novopen 4. All Novopen 5 pens have this memory thing, so they’re probably all the same length and price as the Echo.

3 Likes

I went to a JDRF event yesterday and the InPen folks were there. I was wrong on the dosing comment above, it does recommend dosing in the US. Sorry for the mis-statement above.

2 Likes