New horn for my Motorcycle

This is what I spent the day installing. It’s called a ”Motohorn” and is the loudest horn in the world for motorcycles. It can be heard from 2 miles away. As a non-electrician I’m actually surprised I was able to do it all alone. Enjoy!

YouTube link: Motohorn 2.0 Installed onto my 2021 Harley Davidson Road Glide - YouTube

8 Likes

Well spent afternoon - accomplishing something outside of one’s expertise! Of course. I hope you followed it with a nice ride into beautiful countryside!!

3 Likes

That’s cool Harold. I don’t know anything about motorcycles, but I know a lot about old-school car fixing and electrical.

All the old stuff was super easy. The newer stuff is where it got more complicated.

4 Likes

Very cool. Loud horns save lives!

4 Likes

@ClaudnDaye I feel for you tracking down that fuse connection! I’m assuming there weren’t clear instructions on that critical piece…alternately, it might have been one of those “Structions?! We don’t need no stinkin’ ‘structions!!” type moment (thinking Blazing Saddles)….(ok, 3 hours worth of “moment”!) I’m thinking we’ve all been there!

5 Likes

For anyone that’s super bored here’s the step by step install minus about 5 hours of troubleshooting various issues. Lol

And there is plenty of adult language scattered throughout.

Just watching the video again and editing a bit and I see that I do love my f-bombs. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s what makes the video so interesting for the non technical folks

2 Likes

When you are close to your motorcycle, I hear some ‘ticking’ on the sound track of your short youtube video. Is that something cooling down?

3 Likes

Yes I had just ridden it. Normal sound when cooling down. It’s the heat shield clamps / exhaust pipes cooling and contracting that make those sounds every time you shut it down.

2 Likes