New Additional Pod Change Step: Secure My Children

Yesterday I was due for a pod change. I told my 8 year old and 5 year old that I would be changing my pod and while I was doing that, they needed to sit at the kitchen table and each finish their glass of water (they never drink enough - new family project).

I’m back in the bathroom deactivating my current pod when my youngest does the “Fill the Whole House with Terror ‘I’m Hurt’” scream. He was running back to me screaming, “Bleeding? Am I bleeding? AAAAAAhhhhhhh!!!” while be chased by his older brother yelling, “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to! I was just showing him how to sword fight!!!”

I sent the oldest to go sit on the couch and not move. I assessed the youngest for injury (he’d been whacked in an upward swing on his brow bone narrowly missing his eye with a hard plastic sword) and it was just a big welt. I got him 30% calmed down and sent him to sit on the opposite end of the couch from his brother. I told them not to talk, not to move, not to touch each other, and to try to stop freaking out while I went and started my new pod.

I was so flustered that I ended up putting the pod 3 inches further around on my arm than I intended (basically on my bicep). I was super annoyed by that and I’ve caught it twice on things but otherwise it might actually turn out to be an okay new spot.

So new pod change procedure: duct tape my children to the furniture before I change pods.

11 Likes

If you give a monkey a gun, and the monkey shoots somebody, you don’t blame the monkey…
:smiley:

(Said with all due love and respect, because I have two sons who have done plenty of damage to each other over the years.)

3 Likes

You’re talking to someone whose family bonding on Sunday nights is a whole house nerf gun war, everyone for themselves.

It also doubles as free marriage therapy.

3 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes