Poor little guy

Yesterday, I was holding the baby in bed and Liam was bouncing around on the bed. He is just tall enough to reach the fans lowest chain (the one that turns the light on), but not quite tall enough to reach the shorter chain (for the fan). The fan was off and I, like a dummy, said, “Are you tall enough to reach the short chain to turn the fan on for papa?” Naturally, he tries…he loses his balance and tumbles right off the bed, hits his head on the dresser and ends up with a gash in his head. We take him to KidMed and he ends up getting 4 staples in his head. :frowning:

He’s fine now. I stayed up last night to make sure he didn’t roll over onto it and it should be OK tonight for him to roll on it. Here are a couple shots of the injury (sorry if anyone is squeamish). McDonalds Ice cream made it all better after the staples were put in…but the staples themselves made him scream bloody murder. The only numbing they gave him was me holding an ice pack on his head for 20 minutes. He took it like a champ, though.

6 kids - never had any that had to have external staples. :frowning:

6 Likes

That’s tough. :frowning_face:

I have had many visits to the ER with my boys. I know the feeling, it’s stomach-churning to watch them go through that.

But on the bright side, I know the next pod change or Dexcom change will feel like nothing to him. :wink:

2 Likes

Liam’s going to have so many bad-ass stories when he grows up! I hate that you all had to go through that. Where there are kids, there are injuries. I wore my mother out with three concussions by the time I was 8 years old. [And I agree that might explain a lot.]

4 Likes

He’ll have a good story to tell when he’s older. My husband is still telling me stories of all the times he was injured when he was a kid. I hope his wound heals quickly!

1 Like

Awww, poor Liam! It seems like he’s taking it really well, which I’m so glad for.

How is Samson doing?

1 Like

hes doing okay…I’ve been meaning to write an update but I haven’t had the time yet. Sometime this week for sure! He’s currently at home wearing an EEG cap and taking it like a champ. Hopefully the EEG shows only normal stuff.

4 Likes

He’s just gonna be that much tougher than all of the other kids as he gets bigger. I’m glad he’s okay!!

3 Likes

This is totally true! I was just yesterday showing off my recent foot surgery scar to my nieces and nephews (ages 15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, and 6 months but he wasn’t paying attention). Every kid was pulling back their hair or rolling up their sleeves to show me their booboos or scars from injuries past!!!

I am sorry that happened to Liam, but he’s a tough kid and it’ll be hidden under his amazing hair soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes