Never Seen a Real Pod and am Asking for Pictures

Yeah, I had some fail. They replaced them.

Tried one on my forearm but my muscles made it fall off in < 24 hours so I went back to stomach.

I’ve been listening to the Juicebox Podcast and liked the idea of not being tethered so I thought I’d give the Omnipod a try. I tend to sleep mostly on my back but occasionally on my side, and with the 630 I had to wear shorts and keep it in a pocket, which would jab my hips and make them sore.

670 wasn’t an option since I’m technically still diagnosed as T2 and Medtronic won’t touch it unless I’m re-coded to a T1. My doc was willing, but then there’s the issue of a cash upgrade charge since I’m still in warranty. But most importantly, I LOVE Dexcom and refuse to go to Medtronic sensors. I love no finger sticks of the G6.

I think I have a little over 2 years left warranty wise on my 630G. I’m thinking at that point unless things drastically change of going over to the Tslim as they use dexcom and integrate well.

Another issue I’ve been noticing is that the canula in the Omnipod seems bigger, and as a result it tends to hurt sometimes, particularly when I bump it. Does this happen to others? Ideas? I’m a klutz.

4 Likes