My new A1c post FUD

Wasn’t sure where else to put this, but super pumped that my recent A1c ended up being a 7.1!!!

24 Likes

Terrific! That represents a lot of hard work on your part! :bouquet:

1 Like

Hey, that’s awesome! Congrats!

1 Like

@LarissaW That is fabulous!

With starting med school soon that is a great thing.

My A1c (actually, there was no such thing as A1c back then) when I started dental school I estimate to be in the 10-13 range. I’m sorry to say I don’t remember a lot from that first year.

3 Likes

Congratulations! That is a MASSIVE improvement! Cheers and a toast to more successes in the future for you!

2 Likes

@CatLady DEFINITELY a lot of work and trial and error and frustrations… but all worth it to feel way more in control on a daily basis!

2 Likes

Yes! I have to take care of myself before I’m in a place to help others I’m finding

Geez I don’t know how you made it through, but certainly glad you did :slight_smile: . Impressive nonetheless

1 Like

It was quite an awakening. After having or being very close to a 4.0 grade average in high school and two years of college, I had a hard time just passing in the first year of dental school.

I knew it shouldn’t be so difficult and I’d better do something.

4 Likes

JUST GOT MY LABS

5.8!!!
Never been below 7 before ever :sob:

23 Likes

:bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

@LarissaW, what a beautiful, beautiful day!! Congratulations, woman. :rose::tulip:

6 Likes

That’s so great!!! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Whatever you’re doing @LarissaW keep it up!! Great number (anything in the 5’s is stellar) :boom:

3 Likes

That is so completely Awesome!

3 Likes

Congrats!!

3 Likes

@LarissaW give yourself a big pat on the back for all the hard work! Great job!

4 Likes

Congrats!!!

3 Likes

Yay! Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Congratulations, Larissa! Amazing work!

2 Likes

Larissa, what you accomplished in two 3-months periods is quite amazing! You should be really proud.

2 Likes

…is it the new normal?

It deserves congrats what ever it is!!! Yay you!

EH clocked in at 5.9 in his recent visit, and that felt like winning. I might’ve hopped up and done a little sub-6 dance right in the office. :relaxed:

8 Likes