Great News Despite This Horrid Pandemic

So as some of you may recall, I spent about 1 & 1/2 months going through medication changes for my Schizophrenia. It was hell on my BGs. I was needing anywhere from 70% to 140% basal, needing to change my rates continuously sometimes during the course of a day. there were no patterns, no rhymes or reasons, just crazy, way out-there fluctuations. no one had an answer for me as to why I was going through this. Well, when god gives you lemons, you make lemonaid. so I accepted the situation, and did my very very best to work with what I had (constant finger sticks and corrections and basal adjustments…thank god for my handy and reliable pump). UGH. I figured, crap, my next A1c is going to be HELL HIGH. (my typical A1c is between 4.9 and 5.3 )

Okay, so then things settled down and I was able to find a middle ground and get back to swimming. two days after I am back in the pool, the “Chinese Virus” begins to spread…
I decide that its is no longer safe to be in a packed and sweaty locker room, so I decide it is best to find another way to exercise…(a few days later, they closed the YMCA)

well, here’s the great news:

Are You Ready For This???

just got my blood work back from Quest:

A1c = 5.2% !!! OMG. I am over the moon. All of my diligence paid off.

20 Likes

Congrats and the very awesome A1c, great news! Very happy for you.

2 Likes

That is really awesome @daisymae !!! Fabulous perseverance!!!

3 Likes

Congrats DM!

:star_struck:

I think one of the important things is not necessarily that you can’t have any highs, but that you just kick the crap out of them immediately and shorten their duration. All the finger sticks and correction boluses and higher basal rates you did definitely paid off! Awesome job!

5 Likes

Thanks. it was a lot of devotion,persistance and hard f-ing work. U guys were my greatest teachers!!! So I owe you all a huge debt of gratitude. :heart:

2 Likes

That is wonderful news, @daisymae. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. :sunflower:

3 Likes

Congratulations, @daisymae! Awesome job keeping in range. Not easy during this lockdown with limited exercise, and no swimming! :swimming_woman: And so glad you got your medications back I order!

3 Likes

That’s awesome @daisymae! Your efforts surely paid off!

3 Likes

That is great news!! You rock!

3 Likes

Awesome way to go Daisymae you are one tough lady :blush::slight_smile::grinning::grin:

3 Likes

Thank you. Your are so kind! That’s exactly what my husband keeps telling me. We’re married almost 27 years and I almost believe every word out of his mouth :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe your husband is even tougher!
:rofl:

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Congratulations Daisymae :star_struck: :100:

A stressful 3 months but all the hard work paid off :clap:

3 Likes