5.8 from 6.0 A1C in 3 months! Woo Hoo!

I just got my A1C results back and I went from an A1C of 6.0 to 5.8 in 3 months. My liver pannels were also run and everything came back good there as well. The only issue was my weight, which increased slightly. But whose doesn’t between Thanksgiving and Christmas, right? :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Congrats on moving from a terrific A1c, to a fantastically terrific one! Good job.

2 Likes

WoooHooo! Great job! :star_struck: Congrats!

@bpollina That’s fabulous! Congrats!
It’s amazing what you can accomplish with the right tools and positive attitude.

I have the right tools and I have the right attitude, but I’m still stuck in the 7’s. I recently went up from a rare 6.6 to 7.0. My endo of course was thrilled. :roll_eyes: I have been in the 7’s and occasionally the 8’s for the past 20 years. Beyond eating a Bernstein-like starvation diet, I don’t know what else I can do. I’ve even wondered if I have a genetically high A1c. Still, hope springs eternal. I admire anyone who can get great numbers.

2 Likes

It’s possible your A1C is not good correlation with average BG. Maybe your RBC live longer than average. During chemo, I had an A1C of 4.6, because of early death of RBCs. “Real” A1C was more likely 5.6-6.0.

1 Like

Congratulations!