My holiday wishes to everyone

Thank you Eric for including me in your thoughts. I have been very busy with things elsewhere but I had to stop and wish you and everyone here at FuD a very Merry Christmas.

5 Likes

Merry Christmas !!!
:smile:

Just found out the frozen Turkey was supposed to spend 4 days in the Fridge to thaw.
We went with one day.
Gonna go with the “close enough is good enough” approach.

6 Likes

Well I did specify that you were brilliant about diabetes, so my comment still stands. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Take it into the bathtub with you to speed up then thawing. It’s the only option at this point.

4 Likes

…crossing Thanksgiving dinner at Sam’s house off the list…

4 Likes

We do a salt brine.

3 Likes

I do that too for turkey.

I just had an image of you taking a bath with the turkey.
:nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Well yeah thats why I said WE… the turkey and I

4 Likes

In all seriousness soaking it in a big cooler or something full of lukewarm water is best bet. Add about 1c water and 1c sugar per gallon if you want to say your brining it (less salt and cold water if your cooking it tomorrow). I am a master turkey chef.

3 Likes

Thanks @Eric! @EricH and I are wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, a late Happy Hanukkah and a wonderful, unlimited New Year.

I can’t express how amazing I think this group of people is and I’m so thankful to be included.

5 Likes

Welp, spending Christmas in the ER - lip got infected and is swollen to twice the normal size along with half my face! I feel like Two-Face from Batman. This is my second time back to the ER so they want to keep me on iv antibiotics until I improve. Not the merryiest Christmas but really looking forward to getting back to normal!

2 Likes

Sending healing thoughts your way Kenrick.

3 Likes

@kenrick, gosh, I am SO sorry that this is a bad holiday for you:( Hang in there, we will all keep our fingers crossed and send good thoughts your way. Feel better soon!

2 Likes

@kenrick, I know how you feel, sorta, I am at the hospital with my mom. She is 86 with a stomach virus. I think she will be ok if they can keep dehydration at bay.

Get well soon

1 Like

OMG, sorry to hear that K. Hope you recover quickly.

2 Likes

Sorry about that too. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your Mother and hope she is feeling better soon. Wishing you all well.

2 Likes

Thanks! I am at least getting to watch lots of sports… @SLEE hope your mom is keeping hydrated!

2 Likes

I made two ducks tonight. I figured I could eat one, and the rest of the family could eat one. :yum:

Duck and potato dumplings for dinner.

I plated it nicely for the picture, but then went back and loaded up my plate for real so I could eat. :wink:

7 Likes

So sorry, @Kendrick and @SLEE! Kind of a rough Christmas here, too (or I guess now we’ve rolled into the day after Christmas…).

3 Likes