Junior's Low Carb Cheesecake

My awesome wife bought me a Junior’s Low Carb Cheesecake for Christmas and I’d like to say it is totally legit. It didn’t mess with my blood sugar at all and it has all the creamy deliciousness I would expect from a New York-style cheesecake. It has a hint of lemon and no artificial sweetener aftertaste. If I didn’t know better I would have thought it was a regular cheesecake, and I am a self-professed cheesecake snob.

It is also ridiculously expensive, $43 and then shipping is another $30+ depending on how far and fast it has to go. It’s sent in a styrofoam box with a frozen gel to keep it cool. Even with the crazy price, if you are a cheesecake aficionado I think it’s worth it for a special treat.

https://www.juniorscheesecake.com/traditional-cheesecakes/sugar-free-low-carb-plain

3 Likes

What a find, 3.2carbs/serving is spectacular! But Ouch for the price :slight_smile:

@kenrick, how are you feeling? Are you out of the ICU for good and 100% restored to good health? We were worried about you.

1 Like

Thanks! I am doing much better now, back home and swelling is going down. It was a staph infection. The first antibiotic they gave me was not effective and it was spreading from my lip across my face, but the second one did the trick (the IV delivery helped speed things up too).

2 Likes

Gosh, this looks frightening and awful :frowning: So glad things are doing better!

2 Likes

@kenrick That looks delicious! You are a lucky guy :wink:

Glad you’re feeling better after a bit with staph. Those infections do get pretty nasty.

2 Likes

Junior’s is the bomb. Ask @daisymae, she’s a Junior’s connoisseur. She sent me one, but it was the high carb variety. It was delicious.

3 Likes

Goodness @kenrick, I had no idea you were in the ICU. I’m so happy you’re on the mend!

5 Likes

if i am going to carb out, i carb out. whats the point of cutting corners when it comes to the best cheesecake in the country?

1 Like

I agree. The only low carb thing I enjoy is water.

2 Likes

but what about beer?

1 Like

Thanks, I am feeling much better! I wouldn’t say it was the ICU, but two visits to the ER and a couple nights in a regular hospital room while they monitored me and gave me IV antibiotics. Or two nights in the spa, as my wife like to call it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really i can’t tell this one is low-carb. It tastes just as good (to me) as a regular high-carb, high quality cheesecake. So double win in my book!

1 Like

I like the good stuff, which has more carbs than crappy beer.

There’s a Junior’s low-carb recipe here – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/juniors-sugar-free-new-york-cheesecake-recipe-2200748. I don’t see anything in the ingredients that would give it the hint of lemon you noticed, so it may not be exactly what they make in-house. Anyway, you could probably make several dozen for $73, so triple win.

My favourite classic coleslaw is a Junior’s recipe. (You can’t say that in Canada and expect anyone to get excited. We’ve never heard of Junior’s.)

1 Like