Jelly Mini Android Phone

I’m currently troubleshooting a slightly dodgy but not completely awful sensor/transmitter combo. So I’ve rebatteried another transmitter and put in a new sensor. I’m trying to connect my backup Jelly to my old sensor and transmitter. Sigh. That little phone is being a PITA! Intermittent readings, despite what I can tell are identical settings😑. Good luck. I’ve had brilliant service from my blue Jelly, but the white Jelly not so much…

1 Like

I am still playing… when I reboot the phone I get readings but then they stop. I will play for a bit longer hoping for some magic.

What android version are you on?

7.1, and I accidentally updated my first Jelly Pro, and after that it was useless.
I’m thinking the issue is in Phone Settings rather than xdrip Settings. I’m going hunting shortly.

1 Like

CRAP - My phone was updated to 8.1 which may explain it’s uselessness or my inability to make it useful.

On to learning a new skill - how to reinstall an old version of Andriod on a phone…

If anyone has tips that would be great, otherwise I will consult in the internet.

1 Like

Have a look around on FB. There are some people in the UK using 8.1 I believe. I have seen at least one FB on AAPS of success with 8.1. I’m assuming that was with Dexcom, but if it was the UK it might have been Libre…

1 Like

OK - Third night success!! :+1: So here is the recap for me when I forget in a few months time.

Jelly Pro running Android 8.1. I have had a 100% capture rate for the last 2 hours.

I was getting a reading no problem but then the Bluetooth would basically stop working and I would not get any readings when the screen was off. It turns out there are quite a few places where you need to change “battery saving” permissions. I tried to follow another thread (link at the bottom) but I had troubles finding the exact settings that were documented on the phone. So here is is what I did which is a bit of a repeat from the other thread but hopefully this helps find some of those settings.

Settings → Battery - > three dots on the top right - > Battery Optimization

Then you have to hit the pull down thing and select “All Apps”

You should now see a million apps and system things…

I changed the following to “Not Optimized” - Not sure if I need them all.

1. Bluetooth (This is key!)
  2. BT Tool (I have not idea but whatever)
  3. Bluetooh MIDI (I like MIDI)
  4. Network Manager (Not sure - I have to test)
  5. Network Location (Not sure - I have to test)
  6. xDrip+ (THis is key!)

Go back up a screen and I set the following:

1. Stanby Intelligent Power - OFF
  2. Battery Saver - OFF

Ok - done with the Battery Settings now go to…

Settings → Smart Assistant → Power Save Manager

I have - “Power save manager” = ON
On White list I have xDrip+ checked

I was missing this before which may have been the cause of my problems. Now go to…

Settings → Smart Assistant → Battery Saving Mode → Battery profiles

Make sure “My profile” is selected. Click on the settings for “My profile”…

It should say:
WLAN - on
Mobile Networks - Off (I do no have a SIM card - if you do this may need to be on)
Bluetooh = ON (the switch is a blue colour to the right)
GPS = ON (I am not sure if I need this but it is on right now)

Schedule for switch profile is off on the previous screen.

Now… Back to Settings I have DuraSpeed off.

Settings → Security & location → Location

Location = ON
Mode = High Accuracy

Click on “App-level permissions”
Make sure xDrip+ is set to ON at the bottom of the list.

Location seems to need to be on for xDrip+ but I am not sure of the best settings. These ones work.

Once I did all those things everything worked. In terms of setting up xdrip+ I got the settings from this thread…

EDIT: still running 100% capture for 2.5 hours and the range from the phone is pretty good. Now having :wine_glass: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just used this to look at the settings differences between my working blue Jelly and my “almost working but not quite” white Jelly.
Yep, the blue Jelly had all of those things checked, the white one was missing a couple. I’m not using it right now, but if I need to in the future, I am more hopeful. Thanks for republishing. I wish I’d know all those hidden menus when I accidentally updated my first Jelly OS…

2 Likes

I used it until a short time ago. Worked well.

2 Likes