Is there a Watch that can run XDrip+

One thing I forgot to answer; yes the charge is very important. I have found a couple of chargers that work but the Micro USB connector on some is tricky to insert.

I ordered the one below which is a perfect fit:

Jabra ACW003B-05U AC/DC Power Supply Adapter Charger Micro USB 5.0V 0.18A (M1)

Dennis

2 Likes

One other thing about the charger, I tried to stay away from the high current chargers. The Jabra charger is rated for 0.18A or 180 milliamps of current. A higher current could easily over charge the battery an possibly cause some damage.

I believe that all lithium batteries require a constant current source, with a voltage limit, so a higher current can cause damage.

1 Like

Ok so I got xdrip plus on my phone now how do I see it on the watch

I have a fitbit ionic with xdrip on phone. Not sure if same solution will work for versa.

I use glance on phone, within fitbit watchfaces, and then can see bg on ionic. (Fitbit does not use wear os).

I found this video for versa, and looks similar to my ionic setup with xdrip. But if you have versa lite, may not be compatible.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this info. I might get this and see if it will charge my current battery before I order a replacement!

1 Like

The steps I use is to first may sure you download the Wear OS on the smartphone.

The Wear OS app will give the prompts to log onto the watch. Follow those prompts.

After you get the Wear OS on the watch then download xDrip+ on the smartphone.

When you get the correct settings set on xDrip+ you will get the selections for the desired xDrip watch face.

Sorry if I may have messed up some of the steps. I will check tomorrow if I messed up. I know I have documented the steps but I guess I am ready for bed, ha.

Sooooo I have done all of the suggestions including uninstalling all apps and factory reset of watch and still cannot get the watch to connect to Wear OS. Don’t know what to do next

1 Like

I use the Sony SWR50 Smartwatch 3. I have removed and reinstalled the Wear OS many times. I sometimes use the Bluetooth for installing the Wear OS but the NFC is a lot faster. You can try that if your watch has the NFC interface. I know that some watches in addition to the Sony have NFC but not all have that feature. Bluetooth does work and the watch does not have to be as close to the phone during the installation.

1 Like

Success! I ended up using build your own dexcom app and clarity app with Fitbit. Thanks for your help and time

2 Likes

Great to hear.

Can you list the steps you followed, may help another user !

2 Likes

I wanted to update the Sony SWR50 battery information. My original test with the older Wear OS did improve the battery life but after a couple of months it degraded to about 20% after only 16 hours of operation. I made another change that has been a very big improvement. I installed a battery that is advertised as 800 mAh. It is also a different colored battery. The seller on Ebay ships this battery in about 2 weeks. I have ordered two of these batteries, the additional one for my backup watch. I have attached the picture with the information below. You can get this battery for less on a China web site but not sure about the delivery time. The Ebay seller ships them from The City of Industry, a suburb of Los Angeles.

3 Likes

Thanks for this update @dmac!

1 Like

I do know that there are a few of us still using the SWR50. This new battery eliminates any problem with the charge. I have now been using it for some time without any degradation. After 16 hours of operation it still shows more than 60% charge. Of course I am still using the Dexcom G5 but will soon be switching to the G6. I am sure that there will be some new configuration problems to solve. With my existing G5 system I have switched to a transmitter with a replaced battery. I used two of the large silver oxide batteries. It started showing a resistance of about 900 ohms. After a couple of weeks of operation it had dropped to 600 ohms. I guess I had the batteries setting idle for too long and they are now in the restoration phase.

2 Likes