iPhone 11 and Dexcom

Anyone using an iPhone 11 with the Dexcom G5 app yet?

1 Like

Me—it’s pretty flaky :\

I am surprised it even installs and runs. Do you get the nag screen on startup that says this version of the app is not tested with this OS and blah blah blah ?

1 Like

Yep every time I go to the app. Super annoying.

1 Like

Will that happen with iPhone XR?

1 Like

The XR is listed as compatible with both the G5 and G6 Dexcom mobile apps. So if you are also using a listed iOS version than you would not expect to get the nag screen.

Why is the 11 different?? Aren’t they both using whatever the latest iOS version is?

I started this conversation when my Android phone died. Upon learning about issues people were having with the 11, I decided to replace my phone with the iPhone XR. The XR has been working well, but I have to say that I too occasionally get an intermediate screen stating that the app is still under development. Aside from the learning required in moving from android to iOS, the app seems equally reliable to the bootleg android app that I used previously with a Moto G5+. Thanks to all who replied to this post I’m back in control!

1 Like

The nag screen is annoying but not the end of the world. What is more annoying is greater drop-outs in connection. I can’t tell though how much is due to the phone and how much is increasingly poor quality of Dexcom G5 sensors, which is what I’ve been experiencing across the last year. I used to find them so reliable and could get 3 weeks easily per one. Now I’m lucky to get a week out of one without it being a mess.

1 Like

That said, the iPhone 11 itself is amazing. I got it mostly to have that level of camera combined into my phone, and it does not disappoint!