I Forgot to Take My Tresiba!

I have 2 scripts for 1 med, short acting and extended release forms. I have had someone in the refill chain decide that can’t be right, and only refill one of them. Now I always look.

Interesting counter study…

I take tresiba 1x daily in the evening. I use a timesulin pen cap to keep track of my doses.

Last night I struggled with lows all night long, and into the day today… I didn’t think much of it— random chance, dietary… whatever… that’s not typical for me but not so unheard of to cause me to investigate much.

Tonight I went to take my tresiba and discovered it’d been 46 hours since I’d removed my timesulin cap— in other words since I’d dosed it. I forgot it last night! But for some reason it seemingly had the effect of causing more lows than if I’d taken it on schedule. Doesn’t make logical sense— but is interesting…

Imo tresiba relies on maintaining the steady state whereas other basal don’t work that way… so when there’s a disruption to that steady state all sorts of weird things can happen.

I have no doubt that if I’d forgotten to take a lantus dose I’d have ran high… but that’s a disruption to the empty/ refill cycle instead of the steady state. I don’t understand it, but that’s what happened…

2 Likes

That is really interesting. :thinking:

I’m glad I saw this thread…I’d completely forgotten I forgot my basaglar last night. :laughing: Hopefully I won’t forget again between the time it takes me to walk to the kitchen.

2 Likes

Hahaha! I don’t remember the last time I changed my pen needle. I only change it when it starts to hurt or won’t go in; and I only use needles for IM shots. But I do the same exact thing with my lancets. One fresh lancet can carry me a good 3 months (if not more) (no wonder I still have so many full boxes of them around the house! )

2 Likes