Getting a G6

I am looking to upgrade to a Dexcom G6, but I’m concerned about changing the site. With the G5, I leave the sensor in for three weeks instead of replacing it every week and I just trick the app. This helps me build up a stock so if a site gets kinked or ripped, I have extra to replace it. My concern with the G6 is it makes you change it every ten days and from my understanding, there’s not tricking it. What am I supposed to do if the site rips out or kinks? Do I call for a new order, do I suck it up and prick my finger for however long, what do I do?

1 Like

I recently started the G6, and I used option 2 in the link on this thread below to restart my first sensor.

I was able to restart the sensor without any major problems.

I’m loving the G6 so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @savvv.05!

I’m also brand new to the G6, and I also love it so far. I haven’t attempted anything yet, but I am under the impression a restart is not a particularly hard thing to do. My friend, @Jattzl, put up a different set of steps the other day that also looked really easy, but I’m not sure how many days she gets in general.

I came over from the Guardian, so it’s not quite the same transition, but I’m not disappointed in the least. I would definitely say it’s worth some serious consideration!

2 Likes

Whether or not you want to try to restart it, you might want to call Dexcom support if there’s any kind of sensor failure. They have always sent me a new sensor when one fails.

1 Like

@savvv.05 The steps on the link have been successful but can be complicated if you use a Tslim X2. I found a new easier way of extending the G6 sensor. I do it all on my iPhone. I use my Tslim X2 as my other receiver and it just follows along. No need to do anything with it.

Wait until your sensor expires.

-Start session and choose NO CODE

-Set timer for 15 minutes and let session ‘warm up’ for the 15 minutes.

-Stop session

-Start session WITH the code of the current sensor you’re wearing.

-That’s it! It will take 2 hours to do its thing! You will see where the session expiration date resets in 10 days after the 2 hours.. I usually get 20 days from a sensor. From what I’ve read from
others it varies person to person🤷🏼‍♀️

6 Likes