First time in over 4 years I got a refill for Dexcom transmitter from VA!

Well, I use a private Endo that is approved through the Community Care / Triwest portion of Veteran Affairs.
All requests for DME go through Prosthetics. And the Dexcom transmitters fit in this category until now.
I got my first Dexcom G5 in 2016. And never got any more transmitters (other than one from Dexcom because of an issue). Many attempts to get more transmitters failed.
I replaced the batteries in those and kept on moving along.
Changed over to the G6. I got new transmitters and sensors. And then no more transmitters. Same 'ol Same ol. Nothing new here.
I bought some with the batteries replaced (older versions, makes using with xdrip a dream!)

But, the transmitters are now in the pharmacy instead of DME, and I FINALLY got two new transmitters in!
Sometimes it is the little things that make a difference!
So, while I now get the newer transmitters that I cannot have xdrip reset automatically (awesome features btw.) I DO get new sensors without paying out of pocket on each time.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Congrats!

2 Likes

That is great news!

2 Likes

Yeah, makes my life easier knowing that I can actually get a refill of something, and not have to figure out if I have to replace the batteries myself, or buy it from someone online, etc.

It may be a small win in the life of a T1, but I am not going to complain!
Those small things sure have a way to add up to bigger issues at times though.

5 Likes